* Re: TIOCSERCONFIG ioctl does not respect UPF_FIXED_TYPE flag
       [not found] <DM6PR11MB2586CF444FFBF203D0709A5093CA0@DM6PR11MB2586.namprd11.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2020-12-11  8:42 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2020-12-11  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LakshmiPraveen.Kopparthi
  Cc: linux-serial, Woojung.Huh, Sundararaman.H, Kumaravel.Thiagarajan,
	GaneshKumar.Gurumurthy, Muthukumar.Veeramani

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 08:21:23AM +0000, LakshmiPraveen.Kopparthi@microchip.com wrote:

Please don't send email in html format, the mailing lists reject it :(

>     We are working on a patch to add the serial support for our device. In that process, it appears TIOCSERCONFIG ioctl does not respect the UPF_FIXED_TYPE flag.  uart_do_autoconfig gets called which passes UART_CONFIG_TYPE flag to config_port call.
>
> The same problem seems be to reported some time back to the maintainers which can be found in the link  - https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-serial/msg29169.html. But the patch didn't make it through to the mainline kernel. Could you please let us know the resolution of that thread? Is it rejected/accepted?

That patch was from 2018, I can't remember what I reviewed last week :)

If it's not in the kernel tree today, then no, it was not accepted.  If
you need something like this, please test that patch and resend it with
your signed-off-by and we will be glad to review it.

thanks,

greg k-h

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-12-11  8:42 UTC | newest]