* Fixes for amdgpu drm buddy allocator support
@ 2022-10-27 18:39 Limonciello, Mario
From: Limonciello, Mario @ 2022-10-27 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stable; +Cc: post, Koenig, Christian, Deucher, Alexander

[Public]

Hi,

DRM buddy allocator support was introduced for amdgpu in 5.19.  These two fixes went into 6.1.

312b4dc11d4f ("drm/amdgpu: Fix VRAM BO swap issue")
8273b4048664 ("drm/amdgpu: Fix for BO move issue")

They were tagged with "Fixes", but Sasha hasn't grabbed them yet and there are a bunch of issues cropping up lately that I believe will be fixed by them.
I didn't see them in the queue yet, so can you please take them to 6.0.y?

* Re: Fixes for amdgpu drm buddy allocator support
@ 2022-10-31  6:28 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2022-10-31  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Limonciello, Mario; +Cc: stable, post, Koenig, Christian, Deucher, Alexander

On Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 06:39:16PM +0000, Limonciello, Mario wrote:
> [Public]
>
> Hi,
>
> DRM buddy allocator support was introduced for amdgpu in 5.19.  These two fixes went into 6.1.
>
> 312b4dc11d4f ("drm/amdgpu: Fix VRAM BO swap issue")
> 8273b4048664 ("drm/amdgpu: Fix for BO move issue")
>
> They were tagged with "Fixes", but Sasha hasn't grabbed them yet and there are a bunch of issues cropping up lately that I believe will be fixed by them.

Note, patches tagged with "Fixes:" only, get applied "when we get around
to it and review them and think they might be relevant".  If you know
you want these in a stable kernel, as per the documentation, please put
a proper "Cc: stable@..." tag in the commit.

> I didn't see them in the queue yet, so can you please take them to 6.0.y?

I'll go queue them up now, thanks.

greg k-h