* Outreachy first patch wiki modification proposal
@ 2022-10-28  8:35 Tanju Brunostar
From: Tanju Brunostar @ 2022-10-28  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-staging, linux-kernel, outreachy, Julia Lawall

After setting up my mutt with Gmail, I tested it by sending an email
but it did not go through. After some research, I realized that Gmail
no longer allows less secure apps. The way around this is to set up
two step verification, then generate and use "App password". I would
like to add this to the wiki, as this will save others from the
additional work. Please let me know if I can proceed.

Thanks,

Tanju

* Re: Outreachy first patch wiki modification proposal
@ 2022-10-28 18:21 ` Alison Schofield
From: Alison Schofield @ 2022-10-28 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tanju Brunostar; +Cc: linux-staging, linux-kernel, outreachy, Julia Lawall

On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 09:35:48AM +0100, Tanju Brunostar wrote:
> After setting up my mutt with Gmail, I tested it by sending an email
> but it did not go through. After some research, I realized that Gmail
> no longer allows less secure apps. The way around this is to set up
> two step verification, then generate and use "App password". I would
> like to add this to the wiki, as this will save others from the
> additional work. Please let me know if I can proceed.

Hi Tanju,

This is an Outreachy specific question.
Please resend it to the Outreachy list only.

Thanks,
Alison

@ 2022-10-28 20:49         ` Tanju Brunostar
From: Tanju Brunostar @ 2022-10-28 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alison Schofield; +Cc: outreachy

On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 9:43 PM Alison Schofield
<alison.schofield@intel.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 08:25:38PM +0100, Tanju Brunostar wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 8:10 PM Tanju Brunostar
> > <tanjubrunostar0@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > My changes
> > > original: If your gmail account uses two-step verification, then you
> > > will need to generate and use App Password.
> > > modified: Next make sure two-step verification is enabled on your
> > > gmail account, then generate and use App Password.
> > >
> > > Tanju
> > link to the page: https://kernelnewbies.org/Outreachyfirstpatch#preview
>
> Sounds good. I expect you are going to go back in and delete
> the 'original' line.
>
> Thanks!

done

* Re: Outreachy first patch wiki modification proposal
@ 2022-10-28 20:43       ` Alison Schofield
From: Alison Schofield @ 2022-10-28 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tanju Brunostar; +Cc: outreachy

@ 2022-10-28 19:25     ` Tanju Brunostar