* [Outreachy Info] How to update the First Patch Tutorial
@ 2022-10-18 15:49 Alison Schofield
From: Alison Schofield @ 2022-10-18 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Outreachy Linux Kernel

We encourage updates to the First Patch Tutorial.

If you update the doc, please post a message to the Outreachy
mailing list showing the update you made. If you want your
potential update reviewed first, ask on this list too.

I am a 'watcher' of the page, so I will be notified and
review the edits to the tutorial automatically.

The directions for contributing to the First Patch Tutorial,
is a bit buried in the wiki, so I'll point it out here:

See section: Tips for Applying to be an Outreachy Kernel intern
"Bonus points if you make a kernelnewbies account and correct or add
knowledge to this wiki. To edit the wiki, create an account, and then
send an email to the outreachy@lists.linux.dev with the subject
"[KERNEL NEWBIES ACCESS] username", where username is your kernel
newbies username."

One update I would suggest is creating a sub-section about updating
the wiki - to make it more obvious.

Thanks,
Alison

* Re: [Outreachy Info] How to update the First Patch Tutorial
@ 2022-11-05  6:18 ` Deepak R Varma
From: Deepak R Varma @ 2022-11-05  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alison Schofield; +Cc: Outreachy Linux Kernel

On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 08:49:13AM -0700, Alison Schofield wrote:

> We encourage updates to the First Patch Tutorial.
>
> If you update the doc, please post a message to the Outreachy
> mailing list showing the update you made. If you want your
> potential update reviewed first, ask on this list too.
>
> I am a 'watcher' of the page, so I will be notified and
> review the edits to the tutorial automatically.
>
> The directions for contributing to the First Patch Tutorial,
> is a bit buried in the wiki, so I'll point it out here:
>
> See section: Tips for Applying to be an Outreachy Kernel intern
> "Bonus points if you make a kernelnewbies account and correct or add
> knowledge to this wiki. To edit the wiki, create an account, and then
> send an email to the outreachy@lists.linux.dev with the subject
> "[KERNEL NEWBIES ACCESS] username", where username is your kernel
> newbies username."
>
> One update I would suggest is creating a sub-section about updating
> the wiki - to make it more obvious.

Hello Alison,
Can I add this "Updating Newbies Wiki" suggested section to the wiki pagexi
now? If yes, who should I share my updates with?

Thank you,
./drv

@ 2022-11-09  1:05   ` Alison Schofield
From: Alison Schofield @ 2022-11-09  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deepak R Varma; +Cc: Outreachy Linux Kernel

On Sat, Nov 05, 2022 at 11:48:25AM +0530, Deepak R Varma wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 08:49:13AM -0700, Alison Schofield wrote:
> >
> > We encourage updates to the First Patch Tutorial.
> >
> > If you update the doc, please post a message to the Outreachy
> > mailing list showing the update you made. If you want your
> > potential update reviewed first, ask on this list too.
> >
> > I am a 'watcher' of the page, so I will be notified and
> > review the edits to the tutorial automatically.
> >
> > The directions for contributing to the First Patch Tutorial,
> > is a bit buried in the wiki, so I'll point it out here:
> >
> > See section: Tips for Applying to be an Outreachy Kernel intern
> > "Bonus points if you make a kernelnewbies account and correct or add
> > knowledge to this wiki. To edit the wiki, create an account, and then
> > send an email to the outreachy@lists.linux.dev with the subject
> > "[KERNEL NEWBIES ACCESS] username", where username is your kernel
> > newbies username."
> >
> > One update I would suggest is creating a sub-section about updating
> > the wiki - to make it more obvious.
>
> Hello Alison,
> Can I add this "Updating Newbies Wiki" suggested section to the wiki pagexi
> now? If yes, who should I share my updates with?
>
> Thank you,
> ./drv

Hi Deeva,
If you haven't already done so, go ahead and update the Wiki directly.
I will look for and review the changes in the wiki.

If you think of other changes going forward, make them and send me
an email reminder to look.

That goes for anyone updating the wiki with learnings from this round.

Thanks,
Alison

@ 2022-11-09  4:05     ` Deepak R Varma
From: Deepak R Varma @ 2022-11-09  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alison Schofield; +Cc: Outreachy Linux Kernel

On Tue, Nov 08, 2022 at 05:05:40PM -0800, Alison Schofield wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 05, 2022 at 11:48:25AM +0530, Deepak R Varma wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 08:49:13AM -0700, Alison Schofield wrote:
> > >
> > > We encourage updates to the First Patch Tutorial.
> > >
> > > If you update the doc, please post a message to the Outreachy
> > > mailing list showing the update you made. If you want your
> > > potential update reviewed first, ask on this list too.
> > >
> > > I am a 'watcher' of the page, so I will be notified and
> > > review the edits to the tutorial automatically.
> > >
> > > The directions for contributing to the First Patch Tutorial,
> > > is a bit buried in the wiki, so I'll point it out here:
> > >
> > > See section: Tips for Applying to be an Outreachy Kernel intern
> > > "Bonus points if you make a kernelnewbies account and correct or add
> > > knowledge to this wiki. To edit the wiki, create an account, and then
> > > send an email to the outreachy@lists.linux.dev with the subject
> > > "[KERNEL NEWBIES ACCESS] username", where username is your kernel
> > > newbies username."
> > >
> > > One update I would suggest is creating a sub-section about updating
> > > the wiki - to make it more obvious.
> >
> > Hello Alison,
> > Can I add this "Updating Newbies Wiki" suggested section to the wiki pagexi
> > now? If yes, who should I share my updates with?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > ./drv
>
> Hi Deeva,
> If you haven't already done so, go ahead and update the Wiki directly.
> I will look for and review the changes in the wiki.

Okay. I will get to it once I finish working on a patch feedback from yesterday.

> If you think of other changes going forward, make them and send me
> an email reminder to look.

Sounds good. Will follow the instructions.

@ 2022-11-09  8:11       ` Deepak R Varma
From: Deepak R Varma @ 2022-11-09  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alison Schofield; +Cc: Outreachy Linux Kernel

On Wed, Nov 09, 2022 at 09:35:52AM +0530, Deepak R Varma wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 08, 2022 at 05:05:40PM -0800, Alison Schofield wrote:
> > > Hello Alison,
> > > Can I add this "Updating Newbies Wiki" suggested section to the wiki pagexi
> > > now? If yes, who should I share my updates with?
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > > ./drv
> >
> > Hi Deeva,
> > If you haven't already done so, go ahead and update the Wiki directly.
> > I will look for and review the changes in the wiki.
>
> Okay. I will get to it once I finish working on a patch feedback from yesterday.

Hello,
I have added a new section titled "Updating the Firstpatch Tutorial" and
is ready for your review. Let me know if you have any comments.

Any new updates will be shared with you on separate email as review
request/reminder.

Thank you,
./drv

@ 2022-11-13  5:33         ` Deepak R Varma
From: Deepak R Varma @ 2022-11-13  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alison Schofield; +Cc: Outreachy Linux Kernel

On Wed, Nov 09, 2022 at 01:41:17PM +0530, Deepak R Varma wrote:

> > > Hi Deeva,
> > > If you haven't already done so, go ahead and update the Wiki directly.
> > > I will look for and review the changes in the wiki.
> >
> > Okay. I will get to it once I finish working on a patch feedback from yesterday.
>
> Hello,
> I have added a new section titled "Updating the Firstpatch Tutorial" and
> is ready for your review. Let me know if you have any comments.

Hello Alison,
Did you get a chance to review the updates done to the FirstPatch pages? Let me
know if you have a feedback for further improvement.

Thank you,
./drv