* About the .txt docs files
@ 2021-02-20 22:46 Igor
From: Igor @ 2021-02-20 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-doc

Hi everyone,

I was converting the memory-barrier.txt to .rst so it can be properly
displayed alongside the rest of the documentation that is already
converted to .rst.

After I started, I realize that is better to ask if is desirable for
these files to be converted in the first place.

So, that is my question, from the files in the following list there
any that would be desirable for the conversion?

memory-barriers.txt
atomic_t.txt
atomic_bitops.txt
admin-guide/spkguide.txt
filesystems/dax.txt
filesystems/path-lookup.txt

Thanks in advance,
Igor M. A. Torrente

* Re: About the .txt docs files
@ 2021-02-20 23:07 ` Randy Dunlap
From: Randy Dunlap @ 2021-02-20 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Igor, linux-doc

Hi,

Yes, it's good to ask.

On 2/20/21 2:46 PM, Igor wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I was converting the memory-barrier.txt to .rst so it can be properly
> displayed alongside the rest of the documentation that is already
> converted to .rst.
>
> After I started, I realize that is better to ask if is desirable for
> these files to be converted in the first place.
>
> So, that is my question, from the files in the following list there
> any that would be desirable for the conversion?
>
> memory-barriers.txt
> atomic_t.txt
> atomic_bitops.txt

For the atomic files, my understanding is that the owners don't
want to have them converted to .rst files.
That could easily be true of memory-barriers.txt as well.

--
~Randy

* Re: About the .txt docs files
@ 2021-02-21 18:16   ` Igor
From: Igor @ 2021-02-21 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Randy Dunlap; +Cc: Igor, linux-doc

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 03:07:06PM -0800, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, it's good to ask.
>
> On 2/20/21 2:46 PM, Igor wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I was converting the memory-barrier.txt to .rst so it can be properly
> > displayed alongside the rest of the documentation that is already
> > converted to .rst.
> >
> > After I started, I realize that is better to ask if is desirable for
> > these files to be converted in the first place.
> >
> > So, that is my question, from the files in the following list there
> > any that would be desirable for the conversion?
> >
> > memory-barriers.txt
> > atomic_t.txt
> > atomic_bitops.txt
>
> For the atomic files, my understanding is that the owners don't
> want to have them converted to .rst files.
> That could easily be true of memory-barriers.txt as well.

Ohhh, ok then.

> > admin-guide/spkguide.txt
> > filesystems/dax.txt
> > filesystems/path-lookup.txt