* module parameters permission
@ 2021-04-29  9:58 Fabio Aiuto
From: Fabio Aiuto @ 2021-04-29  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rust-for-linux; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi all,

I'm trying to declare module parameters this way:

   params: {
        scull_major: i32 {
            default: 0,
            permissions: bindings::S_IRUGO as i32,
        },
        scull_minor: i32 {
            default: 0,
            permissions: bindings::S_IRUGO as i32,
        },

i.e. using S_IRUGO macro exposed by bindgen. But I have the
following compiler error:

error: proc macro panicked
  --> samples/rust/rust_scull.rs:12:1

12 | / module! {
13 | |     type: RustScull,
14 | |     name: b"rust_scull",
15 | |     author: b"Alessandro Rubini, Jonathan Corbet",
...  |
44 | |     },
45 | | }
   | |_^

   = help: message: Expected Literal

the same if I remove as i32 casts.

if I write permissions as in samples/rust/rust_module_parameters.rs

    params: {
        my_bool: bool {
            default: true,
            permissions: 0,
        },
        my_i32: i32 {
            default: 42,
            permissions: 0o644, <-------
        },

I get no error.

What's the right way to use S_I*UGO macros?

my includes are:

// SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0

//! Scull driver sample

#![no_std]