* code clean up confirmation => staging: media: atomisp: pci driver
@ 2021-04-29 16:31 Deepak R Varma
From: Deepak R Varma @ 2021-04-29 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mauro Carvalho Chehab, Sakari Ailus, Greg Kroah-Hartman
  Cc: linux-media, linux-staging, linux-kernel

Hello All,
Is anyone already working on code clean up of the following driver
/files? I am specifically targeting addressing the checkpatch
complaints. Let me know.

	drivers/staging/media/atomisp/pci

Thank you,
deepak.

* Re: code clean up confirmation => staging: media: atomisp: pci driver
@ 2021-04-29 17:02 ` Greg Kroah-Hartman
From: Greg Kroah-Hartman @ 2021-04-29 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deepak R Varma
  Cc: Mauro Carvalho Chehab, Sakari Ailus, linux-media, linux-staging,
	linux-kernel

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 10:01:16PM +0530, Deepak R Varma wrote:
> Hello All,
> Is anyone already working on code clean up of the following driver
> /files? I am specifically targeting addressing the checkpatch
> complaints. Let me know.
>
> 	drivers/staging/media/atomisp/pci

There's no need to ask, just do the work and submit the patches.

We do not "claim" work ahead of time in the kernel, that is what has
killed other open source projects numerous times in the past.  We know
to learn from other's mistakes. :)

thanks,

greg k-h

* Re: code clean up confirmation => staging: media: atomisp: pci driver
@ 2021-04-29 22:12   ` Deepak R Varma
From: Deepak R Varma @ 2021-04-29 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Kroah-Hartman
  Cc: Mauro Carvalho Chehab, Sakari Ailus, linux-media, linux-staging,
	linux-kernel

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 07:02:57PM +0200, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 10:01:16PM +0530, Deepak R Varma wrote:
> > Hello All,
> > Is anyone already working on code clean up of the following driver
> > /files? I am specifically targeting addressing the checkpatch
> > complaints. Let me know.
> >
> > 	drivers/staging/media/atomisp/pci
>
> There's no need to ask, just do the work and submit the patches.
>
> We do not "claim" work ahead of time in the kernel, that is what has
> killed other open source projects numerous times in the past.  We know
> to learn from other's mistakes. :)

Hello Greg,
Thank you for the guidance. Just wanted to make sure I am not overstepping on someone else's
work. I will go ahead and work on the clean up.

Thank you,
deepak.