* pynfs: COUR2, EID50 test failures
@ 2021-05-21  6:47 Petr Vorel
From: Petr Vorel @ 2021-05-21  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. Bruce Fields; +Cc: linux-nfs, Yong Sun

Hi Bruce,

what's wrong with pynfs COUR2, EID50 tests?
They're failing on various kernels.
I got these failures on 5.11.12 (openSUSE package), 5.13.0-rc2 (mainline on
openSUSE), 4.9.0 (Debian package):

COUR2    st_courtesy.testLockSleepLock                            : FAILURE
           OP_OPEN should return NFS4_OK, instead got
           NFS4ERR_GRACE

EID50    st_exchange_id.testSSV                                   : FAILURE
           nfs4lib.NFS4Error: OP_EXCHANGE_ID should return
           NFS4_OK, instead got NFS4ERR_ENCR_ALG_UNSUPP

Nothing in dmesg (tested with "rpcdebug -m nfsd -s lockd").
Or is it just my wrong setup?

Kind regards,
Petr

* Re: pynfs: COUR2, EID50 test failures
@ 2021-05-21 18:39 ` J. Bruce Fields
From: J. Bruce Fields @ 2021-05-21 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petr Vorel; +Cc: linux-nfs, Yong Sun

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 08:47:01AM +0200, Petr Vorel wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
>
> what's wrong with pynfs COUR2, EID50 tests?
> They're failing on various kernels.
> I got these failures on 5.11.12 (openSUSE package), 5.13.0-rc2 (mainline on
> openSUSE), 4.9.0 (Debian package):
>
> COUR2    st_courtesy.testLockSleepLock                            : FAILURE
>            OP_OPEN should return NFS4_OK, instead got
>            NFS4ERR_GRACE

Are you running it immediately after starting the server?  If so, that's
expected.  Personally my test scripts mount the server and create a file
there before running pynfs tests.  The create won't return until the
grace period's done.

Might be worth documenting in the README, or teaching pynfs to wait
before running tests.

> EID50    st_exchange_id.testSSV                                   : FAILURE
>            nfs4lib.NFS4Error: OP_EXCHANGE_ID should return
>            NFS4_OK, instead got NFS4ERR_ENCR_ALG_UNSUPP
>
> Nothing in dmesg (tested with "rpcdebug -m nfsd -s lockd").
> Or is it just my wrong setup?

SSV support is optional.  We should probably drop the "all" tag from
that test.

--b.

* Re: pynfs: COUR2, EID50 test failures
@ 2021-05-23 19:14   ` Petr Vorel
From: Petr Vorel @ 2021-05-23 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. Bruce Fields; +Cc: linux-nfs, Yong Sun

> On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 08:47:01AM +0200, Petr Vorel wrote:
> > Hi Bruce,

> > what's wrong with pynfs COUR2, EID50 tests?
> > They're failing on various kernels.
> > I got these failures on 5.11.12 (openSUSE package), 5.13.0-rc2 (mainline on
> > openSUSE), 4.9.0 (Debian package):

> > COUR2    st_courtesy.testLockSleepLock                            : FAILURE
> >            OP_OPEN should return NFS4_OK, instead got
> >            NFS4ERR_GRACE

> Are you running it immediately after starting the server?  If so, that's
> expected.  Personally my test scripts mount the server and create a file
> there before running pynfs tests.  The create won't return until the
> grace period's done.
Thanks for info, I'll test that!

> Might be worth documenting in the README, or teaching pynfs to wait
> before running tests.
Or maybe test should create a test file before? That might be faster than waiting.
Because there is some wait for 2 min as part of testing.

> > EID50    st_exchange_id.testSSV                                   : FAILURE
> >            nfs4lib.NFS4Error: OP_EXCHANGE_ID should return
> >            NFS4_OK, instead got NFS4ERR_ENCR_ALG_UNSUPP

> > Nothing in dmesg (tested with "rpcdebug -m nfsd -s lockd").
> > Or is it just my wrong setup?

> SSV support is optional.  We should probably drop the "all" tag from
> that test.
Again, thanks for info. It'd be great if you implement that.

Kind regards,
Petr

@ 2021-05-24  8:19     ` Petr Vorel
From: Petr Vorel @ 2021-05-24  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. Bruce Fields, linux-nfs, Yong Sun

Hi Bruce,

> > On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 08:47:01AM +0200, Petr Vorel wrote:
> > > Hi Bruce,

> > > what's wrong with pynfs COUR2, EID50 tests?
> > > They're failing on various kernels.
> > > I got these failures on 5.11.12 (openSUSE package), 5.13.0-rc2 (mainline on
> > > openSUSE), 4.9.0 (Debian package):

> > > COUR2    st_courtesy.testLockSleepLock                            : FAILURE
> > >            OP_OPEN should return NFS4_OK, instead got
> > >            NFS4ERR_GRACE

> > Are you running it immediately after starting the server?  If so, that's
> > expected.  Personally my test scripts mount the server and create a file
> > there before running pynfs tests.  The create won't return until the
> > grace period's done.
> Thanks for info, I'll test that!

Actually, if I create file in NFS root directory not only that COUR2 still fail,
but 2 other tests fail (CSID4, FAILURE). Maybe really doing proper setup in the
test would be the best.

Kind regards,
Petr