* NetworkManager fails to start
@ 2021-06-15 16:21 Leon Romanovsky
From: Leon Romanovsky @ 2021-06-15 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kees Cook, Linus Torvalds
  Cc: Christian Brauner, Andrea Righi, stable, linux-netdev

Hi,

The commit 591a22c14d3f ("proc: Track /proc/$pid/attr/ opener mm_struct")
that we got in v5.13-rc6 broke our regression to pieces. The NIC interfaces
fail to start when using NetworkManager.

There is nothing in dmesg except error that NetworkManager failed to start.

Our setups are:
 * VMs with virtio-net NICs
 * Fedora 29

The revert fixes the issue and VMs boot with network working.

Thanks