* Re: Kernel first task
       [not found] ` <1989501319.5722082.1625916179244@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2021-07-10 11:30   ` Cláudio Maia
From: Cláudio Maia @ 2021-07-10 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anton Baltser; +Cc: kernelnewbies

On 10/07/21 12:22, Anton Baltser wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to get involved into Kernel Devolopment and confused about where I can take the first task to complete. AFAIK this is usually a code cleanup task, but what kind of code cleanup is available to do.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Anton Baltser.

For an easy to follow introduction on how to submit your first patch, you can watch this talk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLBrBBImJt4) by Greg Kroah-Hartman at FOSDEM 2010 entitled "Write and Submit your first Linux kernel Patch". I believe this is a good starting point to guide through the process.

Regards,
Cláudio Maia

@ 2021-07-10 15:12   ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2021-07-10 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anton Baltser; +Cc: kernelnewbies

On Sat, Jul 10, 2021 at 11:22:59AM +0000, Anton Baltser wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to get involved into Kernel Devolopment and confused about
> where I can take the first task to complete. AFAIK this is usually a
> code cleanup task, but what kind of code cleanup is available to do.

Look at drivers/staging/*/TODO for items to start out with.

Have fun!

greg k-h

@ 2021-07-12 21:12   ` Valdis Klētnieks
From: Valdis Klētnieks @ 2021-07-12 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)