* Using g_mass_storage for large drives (2Tb+)
@ 2021-09-07  8:30 Kim Bak
From: Kim Bak @ 2021-09-07  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-usb

Hi

This looks like a developer list I'm sorry to bother you here as I'm not
a developer, I was looking for the linux-usb-user list but it seems to
have merged with this so i will ask my question here.

I'm trying to get the g_mass_storage module to export an 8Tb storage
device, either using a backing file or an iscsi mounted device, it seems
to fail anything more than 2Tb. Is the module limited to 512 bytes
blocks or is there a way to force larger blocks?

Kind regards

   Kim Bak

* Re: Using g_mass_storage for large drives (2Tb+)
@ 2021-09-07 10:07 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2021-09-07 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kim Bak; +Cc: linux-usb

On Tue, Sep 07, 2021 at 10:30:34AM +0200, Kim Bak wrote:
> Hi
>
> This looks like a developer list I'm sorry to bother you here as I'm not a
> developer, I was looking for the linux-usb-user list but it seems to have
> merged with this so i will ask my question here.

Those lists merged well over a decade ago, November 2007.

> I'm trying to get the g_mass_storage module to export an 8Tb storage device,
> either using a backing file or an iscsi mounted device, it seems to fail
> anything more than 2Tb. Is the module limited to 512 bytes blocks or is
> there a way to force larger blocks?

This was already answered for you 5 days ago:
	https://lore.kernel.org/r/20210902143959.GC432266@rowland.harvard.edu

Did that not answer your question?  If so, please respond to that email.

thanks,

greg k-h