* NVMe K/V value devices
@ 2022-02-16 14:54 Christoph Hellwig
From: Christoph Hellwig @ 2022-02-16 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-nvme

Does anyone on this list have access to NVMe Key Value command set
devices?  Those would be a good test bed to check support for the
I/O Command Set Independent Identify Namespace data structure which
would allow us to support the passthrough device nodes for arbitrary
command sets.

* Re: NVMe K/V value devices
@ 2022-02-17 11:12 ` Kanchan Joshi
From: Kanchan Joshi @ 2022-02-17 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Hellwig; +Cc: linux-nvme

On Wed, Feb 16, 2022 at 8:31 PM Christoph Hellwig <hch@infradead.org> wrote:

> Does anyone on this list have access to NVMe Key Value command set
> devices?  Those would be a good test bed to check support for the
> I/O Command Set Independent Identify Namespace data structure which
> would allow us to support the passthrough device nodes for arbitrary
> command sets.

I do not have it handy, but I think at this moment there is nothing in
the nvme-driver that limits block-interface for KV. Are you thinking
of restricting char/passthrough only access?

* Re: NVMe K/V value devices
@ 2022-02-17 13:59   ` Christoph Hellwig
From: Christoph Hellwig @ 2022-02-17 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kanchan Joshi; +Cc: Christoph Hellwig, linux-nvme

On Thu, Feb 17, 2022 at 04:42:08PM +0530, Kanchan Joshi wrote:
> I do not have it handy, but I think at this moment there is nothing in
> the nvme-driver that limits block-interface for KV. Are you thinking
> of restricting char/passthrough only access?

The block interface obviously will not work with KV at all.  But what
I'd like to do is to offer the passthrough interface for all command
sets, including those unknown to the driver.  Which would be pretty
simple, but I'd rather not land untested code.