* Feature Request: nft: support non-immediate second operand
@ 2022-03-15 21:15 Kevin 'ldir' Darbyshire-Bryant
From: Kevin 'ldir' Darbyshire-Bryant @ 2022-03-15 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter-devel

Hi there,

I’m trying to migrate to using nftables and hitting some good things but also a bad thing.  I have a firewall that makes use of conntrack marks that get bit-wise manipulated by iptables.  I don’t appear to be able to get the same functionality in nftables.  eg:

The following stores the DSCP into the conntrack mark and sets another bit as a flag.  Unfortunately it destroys any prior value stored in say the upper 16 bits.

meta nfproto ipv4 ct mark set @nh,8,6 or 0x200 counter

What I’d like to do instead is something more like:

meta nfproto ipv4 ct mark set ct mark or @nh,8,6 ct mark set ct mark or 0x200 counter

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Kevin D-B

gpg: 012C ACB2 28C6 C53E 9775  9123 B3A2 389B 9DE2 334A

[-- Attachment #2: Message signed with OpenPGP --]

* Re: Feature Request: nft: support non-immediate second operand
@ 2022-03-16 11:48 ` Jeremy Sowden
From: Jeremy Sowden @ 2022-03-16 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin 'ldir' Darbyshire-Bryant; +Cc: netfilter-devel

On 2022-03-15, at 21:15:58 +0000, Kevin 'ldir' Darbyshire-Bryant wrote:
> I’m trying to migrate to using nftables and hitting some good things
> but also a bad thing.  I have a firewall that makes use of conntrack
> marks that get bit-wise manipulated by iptables.  I don’t appear to be
> able to get the same functionality in nftables.  eg:
>
> The following stores the DSCP into the conntrack mark and sets another
> bit as a flag.  Unfortunately it destroys any prior value stored in
> say the upper 16 bits.
>
> meta nfproto ipv4 ct mark set @nh,8,6 or 0x200 counter
>
> What I’d like to do instead is something more like:
>
> meta nfproto ipv4 ct mark set ct mark or @nh,8,6 ct mark set ct mark or 0x200 counter

Funnily enough, I picked the work I did on this two years ago recently.
I was going to post it again last month when I noticed there was a bug
in the ipv6 delinearization.  I'll see if I can fix it this week-end.
If not, I'll post the patches as an RFC to get some feedback at least.

J.