* Signing QEMU up for GitLab for Open Source?
@ 2022-04-25 10:47 Stefan Hajnoczi
From: Stefan Hajnoczi @ 2022-04-25 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pbonzini, Peter Maydell, alex.bennee
  Cc: Daniel P. Berrangé, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé, qemu-devel

QEMU needs to enroll in GitLab for Open Source before July 1st to
receive 50,000 CI/CD pipeline minutes and GitLab Ultimate features:

https://about.gitlab.com/blog/2022/02/04/ultimate-perks-for-open-source-projects/
https://about.gitlab.com/solutions/open-source/

CI/CD minutes also become available to personal forks for open source
repos so contributors can run CI pipelines without hitting CI limits as
easily.

Alex, Paolo, Peter, and I are qemu-project owners on GitLab. Has anyone
already submitted an application?

Stefan

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Signing QEMU up for GitLab for Open Source?
@ 2022-04-25 12:53 ` Alex Bennée
From: Alex Bennée @ 2022-04-25 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Hajnoczi
  Cc: qemu-devel, pbonzini, Daniel P. Berrangé,
	Philippe Mathieu-Daudé,
	Peter Maydell

Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com> writes:

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> Hi,
> QEMU needs to enroll in GitLab for Open Source before July 1st to
> receive 50,000 CI/CD pipeline minutes and GitLab Ultimate features:
>
> https://about.gitlab.com/blog/2022/02/04/ultimate-perks-for-open-source-projects/
> https://about.gitlab.com/solutions/open-source/
>
> CI/CD minutes also become available to personal forks for open source
> repos so contributors can run CI pipelines without hitting CI limits as
> easily.
>
> Alex, Paolo, Peter, and I are qemu-project owners on GitLab. Has anyone
> already submitted an application?

No but if we are happy with the terms we should go ahead. I don't recall
SFLC having any major objections and GitLab seem to be pretty engaged in
ensuring open source projects are well treated.

--
Alex Bennée

* Re: Signing QEMU up for GitLab for Open Source?
@ 2022-04-25 14:22   ` Daniel P. Berrangé
From: Daniel P. Berrangé @ 2022-04-25 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Bennée
  Cc: qemu-devel, pbonzini, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé,
	Stefan Hajnoczi, Peter Maydell

On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 01:53:28PM +0100, Alex Bennée wrote:

> Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> > Hi,
> > QEMU needs to enroll in GitLab for Open Source before July 1st to
> > receive 50,000 CI/CD pipeline minutes and GitLab Ultimate features:
> >
> > https://about.gitlab.com/blog/2022/02/04/ultimate-perks-for-open-source-projects/
> > https://about.gitlab.com/solutions/open-source/
> >
> > CI/CD minutes also become available to personal forks for open source
> > repos so contributors can run CI pipelines without hitting CI limits as
> > easily.
> >
> > Alex, Paolo, Peter, and I are qemu-project owners on GitLab. Has anyone
> > already submitted an application?
>
> No but if we are happy with the terms we should go ahead. I don't recall
> SFLC having any major objections and GitLab seem to be pretty engaged in
> ensuring open source projects are well treated.

Yep, they've been pretty receptive to feedback myself & other maintainers
been giving about the usage & needs of QEMU/libvirt and other major OSS
projects.

FWIW, I've applied on behalf of the libvirt group today.

With regards,
Daniel

* Re: Signing QEMU up for GitLab for Open Source?
@ 2022-04-27 11:02     ` Alex Bennée
From: Alex Bennée @ 2022-04-27 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel P. Berrangé
  Cc: qemu-devel, pbonzini, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé,

Daniel P. Berrangé <berrange@redhat.com> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 01:53:28PM +0100, Alex Bennée wrote:
>>
>> Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com> writes:
>>
>> > [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
>> > Hi,
>> > QEMU needs to enroll in GitLab for Open Source before July 1st to
>> > receive 50,000 CI/CD pipeline minutes and GitLab Ultimate features:
>> >
>> > https://about.gitlab.com/blog/2022/02/04/ultimate-perks-for-open-source-projects/
>> > https://about.gitlab.com/solutions/open-source/
>> >
>> > CI/CD minutes also become available to personal forks for open source
>> > repos so contributors can run CI pipelines without hitting CI limits as
>> > easily.
>> >
>> > Alex, Paolo, Peter, and I are qemu-project owners on GitLab. Has anyone
>> > already submitted an application?
>>
>> No but if we are happy with the terms we should go ahead. I don't recall
>> SFLC having any major objections and GitLab seem to be pretty engaged in
>> ensuring open source projects are well treated.
>
> Yep, they've been pretty receptive to feedback myself & other maintainers
> been giving about the usage & needs of QEMU/libvirt and other major OSS
> projects.
>
> FWIW, I've applied on behalf of the libvirt group today.

OK I'll push the button for the QEMU project.

--
Alex Bennée

* Re: Signing QEMU up for GitLab for Open Source?
@ 2022-04-28  9:26       ` Stefan Hajnoczi
From: Stefan Hajnoczi @ 2022-04-28  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Bennée
  Cc: qemu-devel, pbonzini, Daniel P. Berrangé,
	Philippe Mathieu-Daudé,
	Peter Maydell

On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 12:02:27PM +0100, Alex Bennée wrote:

> Daniel P. Berrangé <berrange@redhat.com> writes:

> >> No but if we are happy with the terms we should go ahead. I don't recall
> >> SFLC having any major objections and GitLab seem to be pretty engaged in
> >> ensuring open source projects are well treated.
> >
> > Yep, they've been pretty receptive to feedback myself & other maintainers
> > been giving about the usage & needs of QEMU/libvirt and other major OSS
> > projects.
> >
> > FWIW, I've applied on behalf of the libvirt group today.
>
> OK I'll push the button for the QEMU project.

Thank you!

@ 2022-05-09  8:39         ` Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé @ 2022-05-09  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Hajnoczi, Alex Bennée
  Cc: Daniel P. Berrangé,
	pbonzini, Peter Maydell, qemu-devel, Thomas Huth

>> Daniel P. Berrangé <berrange@redhat.com> writes:

https://about.gitlab.com/pricing/faq-efficient-free-tier/#managing-cicd-usage

   Q. I am an active contributor to GitLab. Will the same limits be
      applicable to me as well?

   A. All free tier users receive 50,000 CI/CD minutes for running
      pipelines on public forks of public open source projects, like
      GitLab. Contributions to all other projects by free tier users
      are subject to the new limits.

Wow, this is a great news!