All of lore.kernel.org
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
From: Luis Chamberlain <mcgrof@kernel.org>
To: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@kernel.org>
Cc: mauro.chehab@linux.intel.com,
	Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>,
	intel-gfx@lists.freedesktop.org, dri-devel@lists.freedesktop.org,
	Lucas De Marchi <lucas.demarchi@intel.com>,
	Kai Vehmanen <kai.vehmanen@intel.com>,
	Pierre-Louis Bossart <pierre-louis.bossart@intel.com>,
	Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.com>,
	alsa-devel@alsa-project.org, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org,
	linux-modules@vger.kernel.org, Daniel Vetter <daniel@ffwll.ch>,
	David Airlie <airlied@linux.ie>,
	Christophe JAILLET <christophe.jaillet@wanadoo.fr>,
	Miquel Raynal <miquel.raynal@bootlin.com>,
	Richard Weinberger <richard@nod.at>,
	Vignesh Raghavendra <vigneshr@ti.com>,
	linux-mtd@lists.infradead.org
Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 0/4] Let userspace know when snd-hda-intel needs i915
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 13:38:28 -0700	[thread overview]
Message-ID: <Ynl7xGy+a9MYjXi1@bombadil.infradead.org> (raw)
In-Reply-To: <cover.1652113087.git.mchehab@kernel.org>

On Mon, May 09, 2022 at 06:23:35PM +0200, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Currently, kernel/module annotates module dependencies when
> request_symbol is used, but it doesn't cover more complex inter-driver
> dependencies that are subsystem and/or driver-specific.
> 

At this pount v5.18-rc7 is out and so it is too late to soak this
in for the proper level of testing I'd like to see for modules-next.
So I can review this after the next merge window. I'd want to beat
the hell out of this and if possible I'd like to see if we can have
some test coverage for the intended goal and how to break it.

  Luis

WARNING: multiple messages have this Message-ID
From: Luis Chamberlain <mcgrof@kernel.org>
To: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@kernel.org>
Cc: mauro.chehab@linux.intel.com, Richard Weinberger <richard@nod.at>,
	alsa-devel@alsa-project.org,
	Kai Vehmanen <kai.vehmanen@intel.com>,
	Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>,
	intel-gfx@lists.freedesktop.org,
	Lucas De Marchi <lucas.demarchi@intel.com>,
	Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.com>,
	dri-devel@lists.freedesktop.org, Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>,
	Vignesh Raghavendra <vigneshr@ti.com>,
	David Airlie <airlied@linux.ie>,
	Christophe JAILLET <christophe.jaillet@wanadoo.fr>,
	linux-modules@vger.kernel.org,
	Miquel Raynal <miquel.raynal@bootlin.com>,
	linux-mtd@lists.infradead.org, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org,
	Pierre-Louis Bossart <pierre-louis.bossart@intel.com>
Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 0/4] Let userspace know when snd-hda-intel needs i915
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 13:38:28 -0700	[thread overview]
Message-ID: <Ynl7xGy+a9MYjXi1@bombadil.infradead.org> (raw)
In-Reply-To: <cover.1652113087.git.mchehab@kernel.org>

On Mon, May 09, 2022 at 06:23:35PM +0200, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Currently, kernel/module annotates module dependencies when
> request_symbol is used, but it doesn't cover more complex inter-driver
> dependencies that are subsystem and/or driver-specific.
> 

At this pount v5.18-rc7 is out and so it is too late to soak this
in for the proper level of testing I'd like to see for modules-next.
So I can review this after the next merge window. I'd want to beat
the hell out of this and if possible I'd like to see if we can have
some test coverage for the intended goal and how to break it.

  Luis

WARNING: multiple messages have this Message-ID
From: Luis Chamberlain <mcgrof@kernel.org>
To: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@kernel.org>
Cc: mauro.chehab@linux.intel.com, Richard Weinberger <richard@nod.at>,
	alsa-devel@alsa-project.org,
	Kai Vehmanen <kai.vehmanen@intel.com>,
	Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>,
	intel-gfx@lists.freedesktop.org,
	Lucas De Marchi <lucas.demarchi@intel.com>,
	Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.com>,
	dri-devel@lists.freedesktop.org, Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>,
	Vignesh Raghavendra <vigneshr@ti.com>,
	David Airlie <airlied@linux.ie>,
	Christophe JAILLET <christophe.jaillet@wanadoo.fr>,
	linux-modules@vger.kernel.org,
	Miquel Raynal <miquel.raynal@bootlin.com>,
	linux-mtd@lists.infradead.org, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org,
	Pierre-Louis Bossart <pierre-louis.bossart@intel.com>
Subject: Re: [Intel-gfx] [PATCH v6 0/4] Let userspace know when snd-hda-intel needs i915
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 13:38:28 -0700	[thread overview]
Message-ID: <Ynl7xGy+a9MYjXi1@bombadil.infradead.org> (raw)
In-Reply-To: <cover.1652113087.git.mchehab@kernel.org>

On Mon, May 09, 2022 at 06:23:35PM +0200, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Currently, kernel/module annotates module dependencies when
> request_symbol is used, but it doesn't cover more complex inter-driver
> dependencies that are subsystem and/or driver-specific.
> 

At this pount v5.18-rc7 is out and so it is too late to soak this
in for the proper level of testing I'd like to see for modules-next.
So I can review this after the next merge window. I'd want to beat
the hell out of this and if possible I'd like to see if we can have
some test coverage for the intended goal and how to break it.

  Luis

WARNING: multiple messages have this Message-ID
From: Luis Chamberlain <mcgrof@kernel.org>
To: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@kernel.org>
Cc: mauro.chehab@linux.intel.com, Richard Weinberger <richard@nod.at>,
	alsa-devel@alsa-project.org,
	Kai Vehmanen <kai.vehmanen@intel.com>,
	Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>,
	intel-gfx@lists.freedesktop.org,
	Lucas De Marchi <lucas.demarchi@intel.com>,
	Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.com>,
	dri-devel@lists.freedesktop.org,
	Vignesh Raghavendra <vigneshr@ti.com>,
	David Airlie <airlied@linux.ie>,
	Christophe JAILLET <christophe.jaillet@wanadoo.fr>,
	linux-modules@vger.kernel.org, Daniel Vetter <daniel@ffwll.ch>,
	Miquel Raynal <miquel.raynal@bootlin.com>,
	linux-mtd@lists.infradead.org, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org,
	Pierre-Louis Bossart <pierre-louis.bossart@intel.com>
Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 0/4] Let userspace know when snd-hda-intel needs i915
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 13:38:28 -0700	[thread overview]
Message-ID: <Ynl7xGy+a9MYjXi1@bombadil.infradead.org> (raw)
In-Reply-To: <cover.1652113087.git.mchehab@kernel.org>

On Mon, May 09, 2022 at 06:23:35PM +0200, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Currently, kernel/module annotates module dependencies when
> request_symbol is used, but it doesn't cover more complex inter-driver
> dependencies that are subsystem and/or driver-specific.
> 

At this pount v5.18-rc7 is out and so it is too late to soak this
in for the proper level of testing I'd like to see for modules-next.
So I can review this after the next merge window. I'd want to beat
the hell out of this and if possible I'd like to see if we can have
some test coverage for the intended goal and how to break it.

  Luis

WARNING: multiple messages have this Message-ID
From: Luis Chamberlain <mcgrof@kernel.org>
To: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@kernel.org>
Cc: mauro.chehab@linux.intel.com,
	Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>,
	intel-gfx@lists.freedesktop.org, dri-devel@lists.freedesktop.org,
	Lucas De Marchi <lucas.demarchi@intel.com>,
	Kai Vehmanen <kai.vehmanen@intel.com>,
	Pierre-Louis Bossart <pierre-louis.bossart@intel.com>,
	Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.com>,
	alsa-devel@alsa-project.org, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org,
	linux-modules@vger.kernel.org, Daniel Vetter <daniel@ffwll.ch>,
	David Airlie <airlied@linux.ie>,
	Christophe JAILLET <christophe.jaillet@wanadoo.fr>,
	Miquel Raynal <miquel.raynal@bootlin.com>,
	Richard Weinberger <richard@nod.at>,
	Vignesh Raghavendra <vigneshr@ti.com>,
	linux-mtd@lists.infradead.org
Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 0/4] Let userspace know when snd-hda-intel needs i915
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 13:38:28 -0700	[thread overview]
Message-ID: <Ynl7xGy+a9MYjXi1@bombadil.infradead.org> (raw)
In-Reply-To: <cover.1652113087.git.mchehab@kernel.org>

On Mon, May 09, 2022 at 06:23:35PM +0200, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Currently, kernel/module annotates module dependencies when
> request_symbol is used, but it doesn't cover more complex inter-driver
> dependencies that are subsystem and/or driver-specific.
> 

At this pount v5.18-rc7 is out and so it is too late to soak this
in for the proper level of testing I'd like to see for modules-next.
So I can review this after the next merge window. I'd want to beat
the hell out of this and if possible I'd like to see if we can have
some test coverage for the intended goal and how to break it.

  Luis

______________________________________________________
Linux MTD discussion mailing list
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-mtd/

  parent reply	other threads:[~2022-05-09 20:38 UTC|newest]

Thread overview: 41+ messages / expand[flat|nested]  mbox.gz  Atom feed  top
2022-05-09 16:23 Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-05-09 16:23 ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-05-09 16:23 ` [Intel-gfx] " Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-05-09 16:23 ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-05-09 16:23 ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-05-09 16:23 ` [PATCH v6 1/4] module: drop prototype for non-existing __symbol_get_gpl() Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-05-09 16:23   ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-05-09 16:23   ` [Intel-gfx] " Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-05-09 16:23   ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-05-09 16:23 ` [PATCH v6 2/4] module: update dependencies at try_module_get() Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-05-09 16:23   ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-05-09 16:23   ` [Intel-gfx] " Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-05-09 16:23   ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-05-15  8:22   ` [module] a1f1245bef: BUG:sleeping_function_called_from_invalid_context_at_kernel/locking/mutex.c kernel test robot
2022-05-15  8:22     ` kernel test robot
2022-05-15  8:22     ` [Intel-gfx] " kernel test robot
2022-05-15  8:22     ` kernel test robot
2022-05-09 16:23 ` [PATCH v6 3/4] module: set holders when symbol_get() is used Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-05-09 16:23   ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-05-09 16:23   ` [Intel-gfx] " Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-05-09 16:23   ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-05-09 16:23   ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-05-09 16:23 ` [PATCH v6 4/4] ALSA: hda - identify when audio is provided by a video driver Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-05-09 16:23   ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-05-09 16:23   ` [Intel-gfx] " Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-05-09 16:23   ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-05-11 19:51   ` Daniel Vetter
2022-05-11 19:51     ` Daniel Vetter
2022-05-11 19:51     ` [Intel-gfx] " Daniel Vetter
2022-05-11 19:51     ` Daniel Vetter
2022-05-09 20:07 ` [Intel-gfx] ✗ Fi.CI.BUILD: failure for Let userspace know when snd-hda-intel needs i915 Patchwork
2022-05-09 20:38 ` Luis Chamberlain [this message]
2022-05-09 20:38   ` [PATCH v6 0/4] " Luis Chamberlain
2022-05-09 20:38   ` Luis Chamberlain
2022-05-09 20:38   ` [Intel-gfx] " Luis Chamberlain
2022-05-09 20:38   ` Luis Chamberlain
2022-09-20  5:24   ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-09-20  5:24     ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-09-20  5:24     ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-09-20  5:24     ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
2022-09-20  5:24     ` [Intel-gfx] " Mauro Carvalho Chehab

Reply instructions:

You may reply publicly to this message via plain-text email
using any one of the following methods:

* Save the following mbox file, import it into your mail client,
  and reply-to-all from there: mbox

  Avoid top-posting and favor interleaved quoting:
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Interleaved_style

* Reply using the --to, --cc, and --in-reply-to
  switches of git-send-email(1):

  git send-email \
    --in-reply-to=Ynl7xGy+a9MYjXi1@bombadil.infradead.org \
    --to=mcgrof@kernel.org \
    --cc=airlied@linux.ie \
    --cc=alsa-devel@alsa-project.org \
    --cc=christophe.jaillet@wanadoo.fr \
    --cc=daniel@ffwll.ch \
    --cc=dri-devel@lists.freedesktop.org \
    --cc=gregkh@linuxfoundation.org \
    --cc=intel-gfx@lists.freedesktop.org \
    --cc=kai.vehmanen@intel.com \
    --cc=linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org \
    --cc=linux-modules@vger.kernel.org \
    --cc=linux-mtd@lists.infradead.org \
    --cc=lucas.demarchi@intel.com \
    --cc=mauro.chehab@linux.intel.com \
    --cc=mchehab@kernel.org \
    --cc=miquel.raynal@bootlin.com \
    --cc=perex@perex.cz \
    --cc=pierre-louis.bossart@intel.com \
    --cc=richard@nod.at \
    --cc=tiwai@suse.com \
    --cc=vigneshr@ti.com \
    --subject='Re: [PATCH v6 0/4] Let userspace know when snd-hda-intel needs i915' \
    /path/to/YOUR_REPLY

  https://kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-send-email.html

* If your mail client supports setting the In-Reply-To header
  via mailto: links, try the mailto: link

This is an external index of several public inboxes,
see mirroring instructions on how to clone and mirror
all data and code used by this external index.