* [OpenRISC] Add openrisc@lists.librecores.org to lore.kernel.org
@ 2022-04-28 11:15 Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2022-04-28 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openrisc

Hi folks,

Any interest in getting this mailing list up on lore.kernel.org? This
would make sense since it's the mailing list specified in the Linux
MAINTAINERS file for OpenRISC development. It'd require the list
administrator to send the current list archives to Konstantin and then
add some archiver as a subscriber. Given this is a fairly normal
mailman list, that doesn't seem too hard.

Jason

* [OpenRISC] Add openrisc@lists.librecores.org to lore.kernel.org
@ 2022-04-28 20:19 ` Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2022-04-28 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openrisc

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 01:15:09PM +0200, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Any interest in getting this mailing list up on lore.kernel.org? This
> would make sense since it's the mailing list specified in the Linux
> MAINTAINERS file for OpenRISC development. It'd require the list
> administrator to send the current list archives to Konstantin and then
> add some archiver as a subscriber. Given this is a fairly normal
> mailman list, that doesn't seem too hard.

We can add it, but it would be great if the list can be made DKIM-compliant
first:

1. turn off subject modification, if possible
2. remove body modification, if present (mailman list footers, etc)

This way any messages sent to this list and to any other lists are properly
deduplicated.

-K

* [OpenRISC] Add openrisc@lists.librecores.org to lore.kernel.org
@ 2022-04-29  3:14   ` Stafford Horne
From: Stafford Horne @ 2022-04-29  3:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openrisc

+cc Stefan and Philpp,

On Fri, Apr 29, 2022, 5:19 AM Konstantin Ryabitsev <
konstantin@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 01:15:09PM +0200, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Any interest in getting this mailing list up on lore.kernel.org? This
> > would make sense since it's the mailing list specified in the Linux
> > MAINTAINERS file for OpenRISC development. It'd require the list
> > administrator to send the current list archives to Konstantin and then
> > add some archiver as a subscriber. Given this is a fairly normal
> > mailman list, that doesn't seem too hard.
>
> We can add it, but it would be great if the list can be made DKIM-compliant
> first:
>
> 1. turn off subject modification, if possible
> 2. remove body modification, if present (mailman list footers, etc)
>
> This way any messages sent to this list and to any other lists are properly
> deduplicated.

I think it's a good idea, I am not an admin at librecores.  Can you guys
help out?

-stafford

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [OpenRISC] Add openrisc@lists.librecores.org to lore.kernel.org
@ 2022-05-03 16:38     ` Philipp Wagner
From: Philipp Wagner @ 2022-05-03 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openrisc

On 29.04.22 05:14, Stafford Horne wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2022, 5:19 AM Konstantin Ryabitsev
> <konstantin at linuxfoundation.org <mailto:konstantin@linuxfoundation.org>>
> wrote:
>
>     On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 01:15:09PM +0200, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
>      > Hi folks,
>      >
>      > Any interest in getting this mailing list up on lore.kernel.org
>     <http://lore.kernel.org>? This
>      > would make sense since it's the mailing list specified in the Linux
>      > MAINTAINERS file for OpenRISC development. It'd require the list
>      > administrator to send the current list archives to Konstantin and
>     then
>      > add some archiver as a subscriber. Given this is a fairly normal
>      > mailman list, that doesn't seem too hard.
>
>     We can add it, but it would be great if the list can be made
>     DKIM-compliant
>     first:
>
>     1. turn off subject modification, if possible

done (unset the subject_prefix setting)

>     2. remove body modification, if present (mailman list footers, etc)

Done that as well (cleared msg_footer setting).

>     This way any messages sent to this list and to any other lists are
>     properly
>     deduplicated.
>

> I think it's a good idea, I am not an admin at librecores.  Can you guys
> help out?

I made the changes above, let me know if that's not sufficient and more
changes are needed.

(I think you're actually an admin on that list, Stafford :-))

Philipp

* Re: [OpenRISC] Add openrisc@lists.librecores.org to lore.kernel.org
@ 2022-05-11 16:55       ` Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2022-05-11 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philipp Wagner; +Cc: Openrisc, Stefan Wallentowitz, Jason A. Donenfeld

On Tue, 3 May 2022 at 12:38, Philipp Wagner <mail@philipp-wagner.com> wrote:
> >     We can add it, but it would be great if the list can be made
> >     DKIM-compliant
> >     first:
> >
> >     1. turn off subject modification, if possible
>
> done (unset the subject_prefix setting)
>
> >     2. remove body modification, if present (mailman list footers, etc)
>
> Done that as well (cleared msg_footer setting).
>
> >     This way any messages sent to this list and to any other lists are
> >     properly
> >     deduplicated.
> >

> > I think it's a good idea, I am not an admin at librecores.  Can you guys
> > help out?
>
> I made the changes above, let me know if that's not sufficient and more
> changes are needed.

Looks good. The list is now archived here:
https://lore.kernel.org/openrisc/

Best regards,
-K

* Re: [OpenRISC] Add openrisc@lists.librecores.org to lore.kernel.org
@ 2022-05-11 20:53         ` Stafford Horne
From: Stafford Horne @ 2022-05-11 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Ryabitsev
  Cc: Jason A. Donenfeld, Openrisc, Stefan Wallentowitz, Philipp Wagner

On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 12:55:05PM -0400, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> On Tue, 3 May 2022 at 12:38, Philipp Wagner <mail@philipp-wagner.com> wrote:
> > >     We can add it, but it would be great if the list can be made
> > >     DKIM-compliant
> > >     first:
> > >
> > >     1. turn off subject modification, if possible
> >
> > done (unset the subject_prefix setting)
> >
> > >     2. remove body modification, if present (mailman list footers, etc)
> >
> > Done that as well (cleared msg_footer setting).
> >
> > >     This way any messages sent to this list and to any other lists are
> > >     properly
> > >     deduplicated.
> > >

> > > I think it's a good idea, I am not an admin at librecores.  Can you guys
> > > help out?
> >
> > I made the changes above, let me know if that's not sufficient and more
> > changes are needed.
>
> Looks good. The list is now archived here:
> https://lore.kernel.org/openrisc/

Thanks it looks good.  I have added a link to this here:
https://openrisc.io/community

-Stafford