* disabling mercurial repositories
@ 2022-06-21 13:48 Roger Pau Monné
From: Roger Pau Monné @ 2022-06-21 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel; +Cc: committers

Hello,

Last week we had a bit of an emergency when a web crawler started
indexing all our mercurial repositories on xenbits, as caused the load
on xenbits to go beyond what it can handle.

As a temporary solution we decided to remove access to mercurial
repositories, but the contents there are AFAIK only for historical
repositories, so we might consider completely removing access to
mercurial repositories.  This would however require migrating any
repository we care about to git.

I would like an opinion from committers as well as the broad community
whether shutting down mercurial repositories and migrating whatever we
care about is appropriate.  Otherwise we will need to implement some
throttling to mercurial accesses in order to avoid overloading
xenbits.

Thanks, Roger.