From: "Jörg Rödel" <jroedel@suse.de>
To: Mathias Nyman <mathias.nyman@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Mathias Nyman <mathias.nyman@intel.com>,
	linux-usb@vger.kernel.org, Robin Murphy <robin.murphy@arm.com>,
	Jon Grimm <jon.grimm@amd.com>,
	"Suthikulpanit, Suravee" <suravee.suthikulpanit@amd.com>
Subject: Re: DMA Faults with XHCI driver
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 09:51:54 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Mathias,

thanks a lot for your reply.

On Mon, Jun 27, 2022 at 01:52:44PM +0300, Mathias Nyman wrote:
> Add to kernel cmdline:
> xhci_hcd.dyndbg=+p trace_event=xhci-hcd trace_buf_size=80M
> <boot>
> mount -t debugfs none /sys/kernel/debug
> Send output of dmesg
> Send content of /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/trace
>
> Also if you could dump the content of following registers:
> cat /sys/kernel/debug/usb/xhci/<pci address>/reg-op
> cat /sys/kernel/debug/usb/xhci/<pci address>/reg-runtime
>
> xhci driver writes dma addresses it allocated for the host into
> some of those registers

The data you requested is in the attached archive. The trace was
actually empty. My kernel has tracing enabled in general, do I need to
enable more config options to get the trace?

Jörg Rödel
jroedel@suse.de

SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH
Frankenstraße 146
90461 Nürnberg
Germany

(HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg)
Geschäftsführer: Ivo Totev, Andrew Myers, Andrew McDonald, Boudien Moerman