* Re: Vulnerabilities in the brcmfmac driver
       [not found] <97D835D2-29C5-4C86-8602-4C02C61DB28C@fb.com>
@ 2022-08-22 19:33 ` Greg KH
       [not found]   ` <03D5D6F4-4471-4379-BF53-464DAA37C4B2@fb.com>
From: Greg KH @ 2022-08-22 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Magal Baz; +Cc: aspriel, linux-wireless, brcm80211-dev-list.pdl, security

On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 05:12:58PM +0000, Magal Baz wrote:

> Please see the details in the attached PDF file.

For obvious reasons, we can't open unsolicited .pdf files, nor should
you ever put anything that should just be a normal text message, in that
for a kernel bug report :)

Also, as you sent this to public lists, no need to get
security@kernel.org involved, the normal bug report / fixup process can
happen here now.

thanks,

greg k-h

@ 2022-08-22 19:49     ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2022-08-22 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Magal Baz; +Cc: aspriel, linux-wireless, brcm80211-dev-list.pdl

On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 07:43:14PM +0000, Magal Baz wrote:
> Hi Greg, Valid points, my bad :)
>
> Please see the details below as textt:

<snip>

html email is rejected by the public mailing lists, please fix your
email client :(

Anyway, just submit patches for these issues, nothing new or special
about them, no need to try to lump a bunch of different things all in
one long email without wrapped lines...

thanks,

greg k-h

@ 2022-08-22 19:51     ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2022-08-22 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Magal Baz; +Cc: aspriel, linux-wireless, brcm80211-dev-list.pdl

On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 07:43:14PM +0000, Magal Baz wrote:
> Hi Greg, Valid points, my bad :)
>
> Please see the details below as textt:

<snip>

Also note that Linux kernel drivers trust the hardware for the most
part.  If you can get control over a spi or spio bus, then of course all
bets are off, that is not the Linux security model at all.  So if you
care about invalid data on that bus, please work on auditing and fixing
up all kernel drivers for that subsystem as this is a totally new threat
model that no one has ever handled for this operating system (and one
that no one ever said we were secure from.)

thanks,

greg k-h