* [LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] BPF CI: A year later
@ 2023-03-02 17:32 Manu Bretelle
From: Manu Bretelle @ 2023-03-02 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lsf-pc; +Cc: bpf

Last year, Mykola Lysenko presented how BPF CI [0] works ([1][2]). This year we
would like to go over what has happened behind the BPF CI system curtains, what
improvements were made, what issues were encountered, and which pain points we
are still battling with.

We would also like to take the opportunity to close the talk with an interactive
demo for the audience to run a change that goes through the BPF CI [3] so people
can benefit from a multi-arch environment to validate their changes before
submitting it to the mailing list.

Finally, we would like to hear feedback from the audience to better understand
what are contributors challenges with regards to testing, as well as probably
find overlapping areas (vmtest [4] anyone?) where we could benefit from better
cooperation.

Thanks,

Manu

[0] https://github.com/kernel-patches/bpf
[1] https://youtu.be/CkM_HZ--vkI
[2] https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1RQZjLkbXmSFOr_4Sj5BdQsXbUh_vMshXi7w09pUpWsY/edit#slide=id.p
[3] https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/bpf/bpf_devel_QA.html#q-how-do-i-run-bpf-ci-on-my-changes-before-sending-them-out-for-review
[4] https://lore.kernel.org/bpf/f1ea109c-5f07-4734-83f5-12c4252fa5ae@app.fastmail.com/T/#t

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-03-02 17:32 UTC | newest]