* googletest shared library
@ 2021-09-21 14:18 Lijun Chen
From: Lijun Chen @ 2021-09-21 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I would like to include libgtest.so into my Yocto image. I added googletest to IMAGE_INSTALL and added the following line to sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-test/googletest/googletest_git.bb:

EXTRA_OECMAKE = "-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON "

The shared libraries were built successfully. However, there are errors in do_package_qc as following:

ERROR: googletest-1.10.0-r0 do_package_qa: QA Issue: -dev package googletest-dev contains non-symlink .so '/usr/lib/libgmock.so'
-dev package googletest-dev contains non-symlink .so '/usr/lib/libgtest_main.so'
-dev package googletest-dev contains non-symlink .so '/usr/lib/libgmock_main.so'
-dev package googletest-dev contains non-symlink .so '/usr/lib/libgtest.so' [dev-elf]
ERROR: googletest-1.10.0-r0 do_package_qa: QA run found fatal errors. Please consider fixing them.

Any idea to fix this?

Thanks,

Lijun

* Re: [yocto] googletest shared library
@ 2021-09-21 14:26 ` Konrad Weihmann
       [not found]   ` <16A6EE364B338B15.22723@lists.yoctoproject.org>
From: Konrad Weihmann @ 2021-09-21 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lijun Chen, yocto

On 21.09.21 16:18, Lijun Chen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to include libgtest.so into my Yocto image. I added
> googletest to IMAGE_INSTALL and added the following line to
> sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-test/googletest/googletest_git.bb:
>
> EXTRA_OECMAKE = "-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON "
>

> The shared libraries were built successfully. However, there are errors
> in do_package_qc as following:
>

> ERROR: googletest-1.10.0-r0 do_package_qa: QA Issue: -dev package
> googletest-dev contains non-symlink .so '/usr/lib/libgmock.so'
> -dev package googletest-dev contains non-symlink .so
> '/usr/lib/libgtest_main.so'
> -dev package googletest-dev contains non-symlink .so
> '/usr/lib/libgmock_main.so'
> -dev package googletest-dev contains non-symlink .so
> '/usr/lib/libgtest.so' [dev-elf]
> ERROR: googletest-1.10.0-r0 do_package_qa: QA run found fatal errors.
> Please consider fixing them.

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/recipes-graphics/spir/spirv-tools_2021.2.bb#n34
(and the next lines) might give you a hint what to do in this case.
Although one could also consider that's something that needs to be fixed
in the installation script of googletest, as versioned libraries are the
expected default

@ 2021-09-21 19:50   ` Lijun Chen
       [not found]   ` <16A6EE364B338B15.22723@lists.yoctoproject.org>
From: Lijun Chen @ 2021-09-21 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konrad Weihmann, yocto

Thanks Konrad. That worked.

________________________________

https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/recipes-graphics/spir/spirv-tools_2021.2.bb*n34__;Iw!!COg3wY07Hnb7!4NI6d6tXUoxCQFleF-343dfbdFGnkZnqrYRVg3nYTCBoGJTY9-K0NANM4iMsNNleww$

@ 2021-09-22 13:18     ` Lijun Chen
From: Lijun Chen @ 2021-09-22 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Now I included googletest to the IMAGE_INSTALL in my image file, and built both board image and SDK image. I can see libgtest.so is available in both images. However, gtest/gtest.h is a not present in SDK. How do I add the header files to the SDK image? Looks the following lines affect that?

SOLIBS = ".so"
FILES_SOLIBSDEV = ""

Thanks,
Lijun

________________________________

@ 2021-09-22 15:28       ` Khem Raj
       [not found]         ` <16A735F63BB00E6A.1967@lists.yoctoproject.org>
From: Khem Raj @ 2021-09-22 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lijun Chen, yocto

The .h files will be in dev pkg in this case googletest-dev
what happens if you add googletest to TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK

@ 2021-09-22 17:45         ` Lijun Chen
       [not found]         ` <16A735F63BB00E6A.1967@lists.yoctoproject.org>
From: Lijun Chen @ 2021-09-22 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj, yocto

Tried adding googletest to TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK. The gtest .h files are still not showing up.

Thanks,

________________________________

@ 2021-09-23 13:32           ` Lijun Chen
From: Lijun Chen @ 2021-09-23 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

If I switch to the default setting of the googletest recipe, the header files are included in the SDK image. However, the libgtest libraries are static.

Looks FILES_SOLIBSDEV = "" disables googletest-dev to be included in the SDK.

Is there a way to change the library to dynamic and keep the header files? i.e. just add EXTRA_OECMAKE = "-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON " but skip the do_package_qa part to avoid the QA issue due to un-versioned library?

Thanks,

Lijun

________________________________

@ 2021-09-23 14:27             ` Federico Pellegrin
From: Federico Pellegrin @ 2021-09-23 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lijun Chen; +Cc: yocto

To skip the QA you can use:

INSANE_SKIP_${PN} += "dev-elf"

(or any QA part you'd like to skip, ie. dev-elf or dev-so ...)

Cheers,
Federico

@ 2021-09-23 14:45               ` Lijun Chen
From: Lijun Chen @ 2021-09-23 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Federico Pellegrin; +Cc: yocto

I tried INSANE_SKIP_${PN} += "dev-elf" and "dev-so", still got the QA error:

ERROR: googletest-1.10.0-r0 do_package_qa: QA Issue: -dev package googletest-dev contains non-symlink .so '/usr/lib/libgmock.so'
-dev package googletest-dev contains non-symlink .so '/usr/lib/libgtest_main.so'
-dev package googletest-dev contains non-symlink .so '/usr/lib/libgmock_main.so'
-dev package googletest-dev contains non-symlink .so '/usr/lib/libgtest.so' [dev-elf]
ERROR: googletest-1.10.0-r0 do_package_qa: QA run found fatal errors. Please consider fixing them.
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/lijchen/hdd/ivdp/yocto/imx8/imx-yocto-bsp-Hardknott/build-imx8qmmek/tmp/work/cortexa72-cortexa53-crypto-poky-linux/googletest/1.10.0-r0/temp/log.do_package_qa.24701
ERROR: Task (/home/lijchen/hdd/ivdp/yocto/imx8/imx-yocto-bsp-Hardknott/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-test/googletest/googletest_git.bb:do_package_qa) failed with exit code '1'

I also tried adding " -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local" to EXTRA_OEMAKE, and got the following error:

ERROR: googletest-1.10.0-r0 do_package: QA Issue: googletest: Files/directories were installed but not shipped in any package:
  /usr/local/include
  /usr/local/lib/libgmock.so
  /usr/local/lib/libgtest_main.so
  /usr/local/lib/libgmock_main.so
  /usr/local/lib/libgtest.so
  /usr/local/lib/cmake
  /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
  /usr/local/lib/cmake/GTest
  /usr/local/lib/cmake/GTest/GTestTargets.cmake
  /usr/local/lib/cmake/GTest/GTestConfigVersion.cmake
  /usr/local/lib/cmake/GTest/GTestConfig.cmake
  /usr/local/lib/cmake/GTest/GTestTargets-noconfig.cmake
  /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/gtest_main.pc
  /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/gtest.pc
  /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/gmock_main.pc
  /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/gmock.pc
  /usr/local/include/gtest
  /usr/local/include/gmock
  /usr/local/include/gtest/gtest_prod.h
  /usr/local/include/gtest/gtest-test-part.h
  /usr/local/include/gtest/gtest_pred_impl.h
  /usr/local/include/gtest/gtest-matchers.h
  /usr/local/include/gtest/gtest-printers.h
  /usr/local/include/gtest/gtest.h
  /usr/local/include/gtest/gtest-param-test.h
  /usr/local/include/gtest/gtest-death-test.h
  /usr/local/include/gtest/gtest-typed-test.h
  /usr/local/include/gtest/gtest-message.h
  /usr/local/include/gtest/gtest-spi.h
  /usr/local/include/gtest/internal
  /usr/local/include/gtest/internal/gtest-death-test-internal.h
  /usr/local/include/gtest/internal/gtest-filepath.h
  /usr/local/include/gtest/internal/gtest-param-util.h
  /usr/local/include/gtest/internal/gtest-string.h
  /usr/local/include/gtest/internal/gtest-type-util.h
  /usr/local/include/gtest/internal/gtest-internal.h
  /usr/local/include/gtest/internal/gtest-type-util.h.pump
  /usr/local/include/gtest/internal/gtest-port-arch.h
  /usr/local/include/gtest/internal/gtest-port.h
  /usr/local/include/gtest/internal/custom
  /usr/local/include/gtest/internal/custom/gtest-printers.h
  /usr/local/include/gtest/internal/custom/gtest.h
  /usr/local/include/gtest/internal/custom/README.md
  /usr/local/include/gtest/internal/custom/gtest-port.h
  /usr/local/include/gmock/gmock-function-mocker.h
  /usr/local/include/gmock/gmock-generated-function-mockers.h
  /usr/local/include/gmock/gmock-generated-actions.h.pump
  /usr/local/include/gmock/gmock-matchers.h
  /usr/local/include/gmock/gmock-generated-matchers.h
  /usr/local/include/gmock/gmock-more-matchers.h
  /usr/local/include/gmock/gmock.h
  /usr/local/include/gmock/gmock-generated-actions.h
  /usr/local/include/gmock/gmock-nice-strict.h
  /usr/local/include/gmock/gmock-spec-builders.h
  /usr/local/include/gmock/gmock-more-actions.h
  /usr/local/include/gmock/gmock-generated-function-mockers.h.pump
  /usr/local/include/gmock/gmock-cardinalities.h
  /usr/local/include/gmock/gmock-actions.h
  /usr/local/include/gmock/gmock-generated-matchers.h.pump
  /usr/local/include/gmock/internal
  /usr/local/include/gmock/internal/gmock-port.h
  /usr/local/include/gmock/internal/gmock-pp.h
  /usr/local/include/gmock/internal/gmock-internal-utils.h
  /usr/local/include/gmock/internal/custom
  /usr/local/include/gmock/internal/custom/gmock-port.h
  /usr/local/include/gmock/internal/custom/gmock-generated-actions.h.pump
  /usr/local/include/gmock/internal/custom/gmock-matchers.h
  /usr/local/include/gmock/internal/custom/gmock-generated-actions.h
  /usr/local/include/gmock/internal/custom/README.md
Please set FILES such that these items are packaged. Alternatively if they are unneeded, avoid installing them or delete them within do_install.
googletest: 69 installed and not shipped files. [installed-vs-shipped]
ERROR: googletest-1.10.0-r0 do_package: Fatal QA errors found, failing task.

________________________________

@ 2021-09-23 17:54             ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2021-09-23 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lijun Chen; +Cc: yocto

look into package-split/ directory inside googletest build area and
see how things changes when you use SOLIBS option. I wonder why its
ignoring .h files

@ 2021-09-24  2:10                 ` Federico Pellegrin
From: Federico Pellegrin @ 2021-09-24  2:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lijun Chen; +Cc: yocto

Regarding the INSANE_SKIP: as that files get packed in the "-dev" package,
you should probably then accordingly have:

INSANE_SKIP_${PN}-dev += "dev-elf"

Cheers,
Federico

@ 2021-09-29 14:56                   ` Lijun Chen
From: Lijun Chen @ 2021-09-29 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Federico Pellegrin; +Cc: yocto

Thanks, this also works for target image.

For SDK image, turns out we have to change the line:

RDEPENDS_${PN}-dev += "${PN}-staticdev"

RDEPENDS_${PN}-dev += "${PN}-dev"

to include the header files.

Thanks,

Lijun

View/Reply Online (#54807): https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/yocto/message/54807<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/yocto/message/54807__;!!COg3wY07Hnb7!7O_HT4lxGD2NMUNxv3WxuozghHtiiLg6jEedfRQlWFKmZAkTPU49ug2kIHkkPvk7KA$>
Mute This Topic: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/mt/85766613/5117409<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://lists.yoctoproject.org/mt/85766613/5117409__;!!COg3wY07Hnb7!7O_HT4lxGD2NMUNxv3WxuozghHtiiLg6jEedfRQlWFKmZAkTPU49ug2kIHmbs58Lwg$>
Group Owner: yocto+owner@lists.yoctoproject.org<mailto:yocto%2Bowner@lists.yoctoproject.org>