* [Cocci] update
@ 2017-08-28 11:36 Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2017-08-28 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

There was a bug in the include file management that could cause
--recursive-includes to go into an infinite loop.  That is now fixed.

There is also now support for conjunctions on types.  That is:

@@
type t;
identifier i;
@@

(
struct i
&
)

will now bind both i and t appropriately.

julia

* [Cocci] Addition of support for conjunctions on types
@ 2017-08-28 14:44 ` SF Markus Elfring
       [not found]   ` <alpine.DEB.2.20.1708281650580.3266@hadrien>
From: SF Markus Elfring @ 2017-08-28 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

> @@
> type t;
> identifier i;
> @@
>
> (
> struct i
> &
> )
>
> will now bind both i and t appropriately.

I would like to know a bit more for the application of such a metavariable combination.
I hoped also to read something about it in the current manual.
Unfortunately, I get the information ?? Fatal error occurred, no output PDF
file produced! ?? from data processing by the command ?make docs?.

Regards,
Markus

@ 2017-08-28 15:07     ` SF Markus Elfring
       [not found]       ` <alpine.DEB.2.20.1708281708390.3266@hadrien>
From: SF Markus Elfring @ 2017-08-28 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

>> I would like to know a bit more for the application of such a metavariable combination.

I would appreciate another feedback for this aspect.

>> Unfortunately, I get the information ?? Fatal error occurred, no output PDF
>> file produced! ?? from data processing by the command ?make docs?.
>
> Fixed.  Thanks for the report.

Thanks for your quick software update ?latex fix?.

Regards,
Markus

@ 2017-08-28 15:15         ` SF Markus Elfring
From: SF Markus Elfring @ 2017-08-28 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

> I have no idea what information is wanted.

I am looking for descriptions about circumstances under which the metavariable combination
will be useful by the mentioned SmPL conjunctions.

Regards,
Markus

* [Cocci] Addition of support for conjunctions on types
@ 2017-08-28 15:20           ` Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2017-08-28 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

On Mon, 28 Aug 2017, SF Markus Elfring wrote:

> > I have no idea what information is wanted.
>
> I am looking for descriptions about circumstances under which the metavariable combination
> will be useful by the mentioned SmPL conjunctions.

I still don't understand the question.  Another example is

(
(
struct i

union i
)
&
)

Now you have one metavariable, t, that stores the whole type, whether it
is a struct or a union.

@ 2017-08-28 15:27             ` SF Markus Elfring
From: SF Markus Elfring @ 2017-08-28 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

>> I am looking for descriptions about circumstances under which the metavariable combination
>> will be useful by the mentioned SmPL conjunctions.
>
> I still don't understand the question.

It seems that I have got a few understanding difficulties with the added functionality.

> Another example is
>
> (
> (
> struct i
> |
> union i
> )
> &
> )
>
> Now you have one metavariable, t, that stores the whole type,

I find this technical detail unclear.

> whether it is a struct or a union.

But this information sounds promising.

Regards,