* About the BCM43142
@ 2016-05-24 22:37 kufired
From: kufired @ 2016-05-24 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hey guys,

I would like to know if you have any news about the development on the
b43 module for the Broadcom BCM43142.
I've never find myself in this kind of situation, the stability of the
wl module is just horrible and I wanted to install Linux in my new
laptop, but it's just being impossible.

I know it's impossible for you to tell me that it's gonna be deployed
tomorrow, but I would like to know at least if they are working on it, I
don't know, some information to keep my hopes up.

Thank you very much.

* Re: About the BCM43142
@ 2016-05-25  5:50   ` Rafał Miłecki
From: Rafał Miłecki @ 2016-05-25  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kufired; +Cc: linux-wireless, b43-dev

On 25 May 2016 at 00:37,  <kufired@openmailbox.org> wrote:
> I would like to know if you have any news about the development on the b43
> module for the Broadcom BCM43142.
> I've never find myself in this kind of situation, the stability of the wl
> module is just horrible and I wanted to install Linux in my new laptop, but
> it's just being impossible.
>
> I know it's impossible for you to tell me that it's gonna be deployed
> tomorrow, but I would like to know at least if they are working on it, I
> don't know, some information to keep my hopes up.

It uses LCN40 PHY which was found only in this single chipset. Noone
is working on tihs.

--
Rafał

* About the BCM43142