* persistent storage
@ 2019-04-03 23:30 Vijay Khemka
From: Vijay Khemka @ 2019-04-03 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist

How are we storing persistent data in openbmc. Any data like Bios version or something we need to save across reboot.

Regards
-Vijay

* Re: persistent storage
@ 2019-04-03 23:35 ` James Feist
From: James Feist @ 2019-04-03 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vijay Khemka, OpenBMC Maillist

On 4/3/19 4:30 PM, Vijay Khemka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How are we storing persistent data in openbmc. Any data like Bios
> version or something we need to save across reboot.

A mix of settingsd https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-settingsd and
application specific persistence.

-James

> Regards
>
> -Vijay

* Re: persistent storage
@ 2019-04-04 19:03   ` Vijay Khemka
From: Vijay Khemka @ 2019-04-04 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Feist, OpenBMC Maillist

 James,
Are you using it? or can you please point me to its usage.

Regards
-Vijay
On 4/3/19 4:30 PM, Vijay Khemka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How are we storing persistent data in openbmc. Any data like Bios
> version or something we need to save across reboot.

A mix of settingsd https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-settingsd and
application specific persistence.

-James

> Regards
>
> -Vijay

* Re: persistent storage
@ 2019-04-04 19:07     ` James Feist
From: James Feist @ 2019-04-04 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vijay Khemka, OpenBMC Maillist

On 4/4/19 12:03 PM, Vijay Khemka wrote:
>   James,
> Are you using it? or can you please point me to its usage.

Yes. Here is the config:
https://github.com/Intel-BMC/openbmc/blob/intel/meta-openbmc-mods/meta-common/recipes-phosphor/settings/phosphor-settings-defaults-native/defaults.yaml

-James