* [GIT PULL] Block fixes for 4.20-rc2
@ 2018-11-09 19:29 Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2018-11-09 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-block

Hi Linus,

A select set of fixes that should go into this release. This pull
request contains:

- Two fixes for an ubd regression, one for missing locking, and one for
  a missing initialization of a field. The latter was an old latent bug,
  but it's now visible and triggers (Me, Anton Ivanov)

- Set of NVMe fixes via Christoph, but applied manually due to a git
  tree mixup (Christoph, Sagi)

- Fix for a discard split regression, in three patches (Ming)

- Update libata git trees (Geert)

- SPDX identifier for sata_rcar (Kuninori Morimoto)

- Virtual boundary merge fix (Johannes)

- Preemptively clear memory we are going to pass to userspace, in case
  the driver does a short read (Keith)

Please pull!

  git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block.git tags/for-linus-20181109

Anton Ivanov (1):
      ubd: fix missing initialization of io_req

Christoph Hellwig (1):
      Revert "nvmet-rdma: use a private workqueue for delete"

Geert Uytterhoeven (1):
      MAINTAINERS: Fix remaining pointers to obsolete libata.git

Jens Axboe (1):
      ubd: fix missing lock around request issue

Johannes Thumshirn (1):
      block: respect virtual boundary mask in bvecs

Keith Busch (1):
      block: Clear kernel memory before copying to user

Kuninori Morimoto (1):
      sata_rcar: convert to SPDX identifiers

Ming Lei (3):
      block: make sure discard bio is aligned with logical block size
      block: cleanup __blkdev_issue_discard()
      block: make sure writesame bio is aligned with logical block size

Sagi Grimberg (2):
      nvmet: don't try to add ns to p2p map unless it actually uses it
      nvme: make sure ns head inherits underlying device limits

 MAINTAINERS                   |  6 +++---
 arch/um/drivers/ubd_kern.c    | 12 ++++++++----
 block/bio.c                   |  1 +
 block/blk-lib.c               | 26 +++++++-------------------
 block/blk-merge.c             |  5 +++--
 block/blk.h                   | 12 +++++++++++-
 drivers/ata/sata_rcar.c       |  6 +-----
 drivers/nvme/host/core.c      |  4 +++-
 drivers/nvme/host/multipath.c |  1 +
 drivers/nvme/target/core.c    |  2 +-
 drivers/nvme/target/rdma.c    | 19 ++++---------------

Jens Axboe

* Re: [GIT PULL] Block fixes for 4.20-rc2
@ 2018-11-09 22:35 ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2018-11-09 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Axboe; +Cc: linux-block

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 1:29 PM Jens Axboe <axboe@kernel.dk> wrote:

> A select set of fixes that should go into this release. This pull
> request contains:

This is part of a final few "ack" emails, pointing out that there is
now automation in place if you cc lkml in your pull request.

That automation will parse the pull request and automatically send an
ack when the end result gets merged into mainline, so I'll stop the
manual process.

But it currently only works on lkml (I think - maybe Konstantin
enabled it for all lists that get tracked by lore.kernel.org), so this
pull request probably won't get an automated response due to just
going to linux-block.

Just a heads-up.

               Linus

* Re: [GIT PULL] Block fixes for 4.20-rc2
@ 2018-11-09 22:37   ` Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2018-11-09 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-block

On 11/9/18 3:35 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 1:29 PM Jens Axboe <axboe@kernel.dk> wrote:
>>
>> A select set of fixes that should go into this release. This pull
>> request contains:
>
> This is part of a final few "ack" emails, pointing out that there is
> now automation in place if you cc lkml in your pull request.
>
> That automation will parse the pull request and automatically send an
> ack when the end result gets merged into mainline, so I'll stop the
> manual process.
>
> But it currently only works on lkml (I think - maybe Konstantin
> enabled it for all lists that get tracked by lore.kernel.org), so this
> pull request probably won't get an automated response due to just
> going to linux-block.
>
> Just a heads-up.

Thanks for the heads-up. I haven't gotten linux-block tracked by lore
yet, but will do so.

--
Jens Axboe