* Lenovo I219-V e1000e device has severe RX checksum errors
@ 2021-05-27 15:03 Joakim Tjernlund
From: Joakim Tjernlund @ 2021-05-27 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

00:1f.6 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (13) I219-V (rev 20)
	Subsystem: Lenovo Ethernet Connection (13) I219-V

This device is in newer Lenovo laptops like T14 gen2
Under Linux(Windows seems OK) this device sever network problems and is almost unusable

Turning off HW optimizations:
ethtool -K eth0 rx-checksumming off tx-checksumming off
ethtool -K eth0 scatter-gather off
ethtool -K eth0 receive-hashing off
ethtool -K eth0 rx-vlan-offload off tx-vlan-offload off

Makes the RX checksums go away but networking still suffers
Ping times on a local network varies wildly, > 100 ms in some cases
Googling around this seem like a common problem for Lenovo T14 gen 2

 Jocke

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-05-27 15:03 UTC | newest]