* [mlmmj] Exposing the message IDX number better & large archives
@ 2016-08-16 21:24 Robin H. Johnson
From: Robin H. Johnson @ 2016-08-16 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

mlmmj archives mails by an index number, which is a file sequentially
created in the archive directory.

The only places the IDX number gets exposed presently are:
- return-path / MAIL FROM of mail
- bounce probe listing

In some cases, Return-Path can be mangled by later mail servers (and
remailers), so the IDX gets lost.

Can we add a substitution or dynamic header code to inject the number
into a real header for regular list mail?

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Trustee & Treasurer

* Re: [mlmmj] Exposing the message IDX number better & large archives
@ 2016-08-17  9:36 ` Ben Schmidt
From: Ben Schmidt @ 2016-08-17  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Yeah. I've had difficulty finding the index in the past, too, e.g. to retrieve
old/missed messages. A substitution seems the perfect way to deal with this, and
the list admin can put it in a header if they want (and eventually we'll probably
get around to shipping it in the best practice headers).

Could you put it on the bug tracker for me? It shouldn't be too much work, but it
will be forgotten for sure if it's not somewhere organised.

Smiles,

Ben