* Add application with library to target
@ 2020-07-08  9:37 Kjeld Flarup
From: Kjeld Flarup @ 2020-07-08  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I have a functioning Yocto build today, but two of the recipes are optional. An application and a library.
I would like to split my build in two.

One that contains the basic system with kernel rootfs etc.
A second that just contains the application and the library

If I just had the application, it would be simple just to use the SDK and generate the application.
But when adding the library, things starts to be more complex.

I would also like to use my existing recipe with dependencies etc.

What is the best approach

* Can this be done with the ADT?
* Can a layer solve it
* Do I need to do it all manually with the SDK

--
Regards
Kjeld Flarup

* Re: [yocto] Add application with library to target
@ 2020-07-10  0:38 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2020-07-10  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kfa, yocto

On 7/8/20 2:37 AM, Kjeld Flarup via lists.yoctoproject.org wrote:
> I have a functioning Yocto build today, but two of the recipes are
> optional. An application and a library.
> I would like to split my build in two.
>
> One that contains the basic system with kernel rootfs etc.
> A second that just contains the application and the library
>
> If I just had the application, it would be simple just to use the SDK
> and generate the application.
> But when adding the library, things starts to be more complex.
>
> I would also like to use my existing recipe with dependencies etc.
>
> What is the best approach
>
>   * Can this be done with the ADT?
>   * Can a layer solve it
>   * Do I need to do it all manually with the SDK

I think eSDK might be good fit for your usecase.

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/sdk-manual/sdk-manual.html#sdk-extensible

> --
> Regards
> Kjeld Flarup
> DEIF A/S

* Building extensible SDK
@ 2020-07-28  9:58   ` Kjeld Flarup
From: Kjeld Flarup @ 2020-07-28  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

The eSDK looks interesting, but the documentation does not say anything about how to build it.
Am I missing something about how to obtain the eSDK?

Regards
Kjeld Flarup
DEIF R&D - Platform Software

On 7/8/20 2:37 AM, Kjeld Flarup via lists.yoctoproject.org wrote:
> I have a functioning Yocto build today, but two of the recipes are
> optional. An application and a library.
> I would like to split my build in two.
>
> One that contains the basic system with kernel rootfs etc.
> A second that just contains the application and the library
>
> If I just had the application, it would be simple just to use the SDK
> and generate the application.
> But when adding the library, things starts to be more complex.
>
> I would also like to use my existing recipe with dependencies etc.
>
> What is the best approach
>
>   * Can this be done with the ADT?
>   * Can a layer solve it
>   * Do I need to do it all manually with the SDK

I think eSDK might be good fit for your usecase.

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/sdk-manual/sdk-manual.html#sdk-extensible

> --
> Regards
> Kjeld Flarup
> DEIF A/S

* Re: [yocto] Building extensible SDK
@ 2020-07-30  5:40     ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2020-07-30  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kfa, yocto

On 7/28/20 2:58 AM, Kjeld Flarup via lists.yoctoproject.org wrote:
> The eSDK looks interesting, but the documentation does not say anything about how to build it.
> Am I missing something about how to obtain the eSDK?

its all in the manual e.g.

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/sdk-manual/sdk-manual.html#sdk-building-an-sdk-installer

@ 2020-07-30  6:48       ` Kjeld Flarup
From: Kjeld Flarup @ 2020-07-30  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj, yocto

Thanks Khem

I guess the eSDK is quite new then.

I have to ask my BSP supplier, about what version of Yocto they are using.

"The extensible SDK can currently only be built for the same architecture as the machine being built on - SDK_ARCH is
set to i686 (likely via setting SDKMACHINE) which is different from the architecture of the build machine (x86_64)."

Regards
Kjeld Flarup
DEIF R&D - Platform Software