* Yocto and Debian package repositories
@ 2018-10-30 14:13 Mauro Ziliani
From: Mauro Ziliani @ 2018-10-30 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi all.

I often work with Debian and I build my own repository accessible with apt.

I look that when I build the image recipe many deb pacakages are
produced with Packages and Release ready.

How can I use this pakcages to upload all packages to a Debian customer
server?

Best regards,

  MZ

* Re: Yocto and Debian package repositories
@ 2018-10-30 21:21 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2018-10-30 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mauro Ziliani; +Cc: Yocto Project

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 8:14 AM Mauro Ziliani <mauro@faresoftware.it> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I often work with Debian and I build my own repository accessible with apt.
>
> I look that when I build the image recipe many deb pacakages are
> produced with Packages and Release ready.
>
> How can I use this pakcages to upload all packages to a Debian customer
> server?

So I am assuming you are thinking of installing these .debs onto a
debian base target
if so then its not quite the right direction. with OE build system we
can generate output packages
as ipks, rpms, debs and tarballs, its just another output format but
is not meant to be consumed
on rpm-like or deb-like linux systems which are built using non-OE
distros, because packages have
dependencies and sometimes version specific dependencies which may not
match between two ecosystems.

@ 2018-11-07 11:14   ` Mauro Ziliani
From: Mauro Ziliani @ 2018-11-07 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: Yocto Project

Thank you for your answer.

My system is produced only from Yoctk Krogoth with deb package, and
package-management turned on into EXTRAS_DISTRO_FEATURES.

The server repository is only my server and there are only the debs
built with yocto.

So I think the dependecies are always ok, because non other repos are used.

Mauro