* [RFC] tests in test/dm/video.c are not independent
@ 2021-03-07 16:49 Heinrich Schuchardt
From: Heinrich Schuchardt @ 2021-03-07 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello Simon,

looking at the tests in test/dm/video.c it seems that none of them
clears the screen before adding text and testing the hash of the frame
buffer. So it is hard to tell which output led to changes in subsequent
tests.

I think the tests should first clear the screen to start from a defined
state. This will make the tests independent of each other.

What is your view?

Best regards

Heinrich

* [RFC] tests in test/dm/video.c are not independent
@ 2021-03-07 23:27 ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2021-03-07 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Heinrich,

On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 at 11:49, Heinrich Schuchardt <xypron.glpk@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello Simon,
>
> looking at the tests in test/dm/video.c it seems that none of them
> clears the screen before adding text and testing the hash of the frame
> buffer. So it is hard to tell which output led to changes in subsequent
> tests.
>
> I think the tests should first clear the screen to start from a defined
> state. This will make the tests independent of each other.
>
> What is your view?

Well we reinit driver model before every test, so in effect they are
independent. In fact that are more independent than just with the
display.

Regards,
Simon