From: Rene Buergel <rene.buergel@sohard.de>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, linux-usb@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [Patch v5] ezusb: move ezusb.c from drivers/usb/serial to	drivers/usb/misc
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 00:36:14 +0200 (CEST)	[thread overview]

> Also, does the code in fact support only FX2, neither older chips nor
> newer FX3?
It also does support the FX(1), but not FX3. At first sight, it looks like FX3 got another
register interface.

> If FX is also supported then perhaps still rename the option,
> although I think renaming is unrelated to the build problems.
>
> I think it makes sense to call the option after the "highest"
> supported chip.
That's what it is. ;)
I would be happy to re-rename this option to USB_EZUSB somewhere in the future,
but i think it is the best option to stick with this for at least one
major version to avoid build errors.