* SWIG, python, native gcc and multiarch
@ 2017-11-16 11:29 Anton Gerasimov
From: Anton Gerasimov @ 2017-11-16 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto list discussion

Hi all,

I'm trying to run a piece of SWIG code while building u-boot (namely
compiling it with BUILD_ROM=y, which requires pylibfdt which is built
with a SWIG interface file and a setup.py). I'm having a problem that
the SWIG setup.py script for a reason I don't quite understand instead
of compiling everythin with plain gcc command (which is my ${BUILD_CC})
tries to run "x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc". I can of course add
"x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc" to HOSTTOOLS and everything will work fine, but
only on my machine. Does anyone have any idea how to make SWIG use plain
'gcc' instead of that monster. Or maybe how to add it to HOSTTOOLS
dynamically based on whatever output of 'gcc --print-multiarch' is.

There is a couple of other recipes unsing swig in meta-openembedded, but
they don't seem to use any workarounds for that.

Thanks,
Anton Gerasimov

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-11-16 11:30 UTC | newest]