* Openbmc-test-automation checking service root URL "/"
@ 2020-05-14 11:32 David Wang (王振宇)
From: David Wang (王振宇) @ 2020-05-14 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gkeishin; +Cc: openbmc

Hello George:

I’m trying to test BMC with test_service_root.robot in openbmc-test-automation.
However there’s a problem that robot tried to check  “/”,  “/redfish”,  “/redfish/v1”  URL in redfish,
but it seems there’s no “/” as a service root node in bmcweb.
Should it exist? Do you have any suggestion about this?

Thanks
Best Regards,
David

* Re: Openbmc-test-automation checking service root URL "/"
@ 2020-05-14 15:33 ` Joseph Reynolds
From: Joseph Reynolds @ 2020-05-14 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Wang (王振宇), gkeishin; +Cc: openbmc

On 5/14/20 6:32 AM, David Wang (王振宇) wrote:

> Hello George:
>
> I’m trying to test BMC with test_service_root.robot in
> openbmc-test-automation.
>
> However there’s a problem that robot tried to check  “/”,  “/redfish”,
>  “/redfish/v1”  URL in redfish,
>
> but it seems there’s no “/” as a service root node in bmcweb.
>
> Should it exist? Do you have any suggestion about this?

The Redfish spec (DSP0266, section "Service Root Request") specifies the
service root as /redfish/v1.
It also specifies the (in the "Protocol version" section) what GET
/redfish should return.
It does not specify what "/" should return.
To see supported URIs, see
https://github.com/openbmc/bmcweb/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt

I understand GET requests for URI "/" to return the web app, if
BMCWEB_ENABLE_STATIC_HOSTING is enabled and the web app is present. See
https://github.com/openbmc/bmcweb/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt#L49
and https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-webui

- Joseph

@ 2020-05-15  2:28   ` 郁雷
From: 郁雷 @ 2020-05-15  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Reynolds; +Cc: David Wang (王振宇), gkeishin, openbmc

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 11:34 PM Joseph Reynolds <jrey@linux.ibm.com> wrote:

> I understand GET requests for URI "/" to return the web app, if
> BMCWEB_ENABLE_STATIC_HOSTING is enabled and the web app is present. See
> https://github.com/openbmc/bmcweb/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt#L49
> and https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-webui

Yup, the URI "/" is supposed to be the webui.
By default, it is phosphor-webui's login page, but be noted that it
could be in a compressed format.

* RE: Openbmc-test-automation checking service root URL "/"
@ 2020-05-15  6:01     ` David Wang (王振宇)
From: David Wang (王振宇) @ 2020-05-15  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 郁雷; +Cc: Joseph Reynolds, gkeishin, openbmc

Yes, it works after I install "phosphor-webui" package in my bmc.
And the BMCWEB_ENABLE_STATIC_HOSTING compile flag is enable in default in bmcweb.

Then I can get some binary response by running
curl -k https://${bmc}/ --output

and encoding by
curl -k -H "Accept-Encoding: gzip" https://${bmc}/ --output - | gunzip | more

then see the readable page info.
Thank you for the information, it's very helpful.

David