* PR Service and eSDK
@ 2021-03-23 22:34 Mark Hatle
From: Mark Hatle @ 2021-03-23 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

For some reason I thought if PR service was enabled, when the eSDK was generated
it would export the pr service information and include it within the eSDK.

I'm not finding the file, or even code that does this.  Am I having a fever
dream, or is there code that should be doing this?

What I'm trying to build is an eSDK that the user can use devtool and construct
a new version of a package, then they can deploy the new package within their
package feed to update their targets.  Without the PR service in the eSDK, there
won't be any way to get a correct PR number.

--Mark

* Re: [OE-core] PR Service and eSDK
@ 2021-03-23 22:45 ` Richard Purdie
From: Richard Purdie @ 2021-03-23 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Hatle, Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On Tue, 2021-03-23 at 17:34 -0500, Mark Hatle wrote:
> For some reason I thought if PR service was enabled, when the eSDK was generated
> it would export the pr service information and include it within the eSDK.
>
> I'm not finding the file, or even code that does this.  Am I having a fever
> dream, or is there code that should be doing this?
>
> What I'm trying to build is an eSDK that the user can use devtool and construct
> a new version of a package, then they can deploy the new package within their
> package feed to update their targets.  Without the PR service in the eSDK, there
> won't be any way to get a correct PR number.

I know we copy bb_unihashes.dat into the eSDK with code in populate_sdl_ext.bbclass
for this reason for hashequiv.

We do have prserv export and import code but I'm not sure anyone has integrated it
with eSDK, or if there is integration, I can't spot it atm. I wondered if it copied
the prserv database from the build directory over to assist with this issue but
again, I can't spot it.

Cheers,

Richard

* Re: [OE-core] PR Service and eSDK
@ 2021-03-23 22:47   ` Mark Hatle
From: Mark Hatle @ 2021-03-23 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

On 3/23/21 5:45 PM, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Tue, 2021-03-23 at 17:34 -0500, Mark Hatle wrote:
>> For some reason I thought if PR service was enabled, when the eSDK was generated
>> it would export the pr service information and include it within the eSDK.
>>
>> I'm not finding the file, or even code that does this.  Am I having a fever
>> dream, or is there code that should be doing this?
>>
>> What I'm trying to build is an eSDK that the user can use devtool and construct
>> a new version of a package, then they can deploy the new package within their
>> package feed to update their targets.  Without the PR service in the eSDK, there
>> won't be any way to get a correct PR number.
>
> I know we copy bb_unihashes.dat into the eSDK with code in populate_sdl_ext.bbclass
> for this reason for hashequiv.
>
> We do have prserv export and import code but I'm not sure anyone has integrated it
> with eSDK, or if there is integration, I can't spot it atm. I wondered if it copied
> the prserv database from the build directory over to assist with this issue but
> again, I can't spot it.

Ok, this confirms what I am seeing then.  Maybe it was discussed and was never
implemented.  I'll look at where the unihashes.dat is copied over and look to do
the export... and then import in the setup script.

--Mark