* BPF calls to modules?
@ 2021-06-18  7:32 Alex Ghiti
From: Alex Ghiti @ 2021-06-18  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bpf; +Cc: Jisheng Zhang

Hi guys,

First, pardon my ignorance regarding BPF, the following might be silly.

We were wondering here
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-riscv/patch/20210615004928.2d27d2ac@xhacker/
if BPF programs that now have the capability to call kernel functions
(https://lwn.net/Articles/856005/) can also call modules function or
vice-versa?

The underlying important fact is that in riscv, we are limited to 2GB
offset to call functions and that restricts where we can place modules
and BPF regions wrt kernel (see Documentation/riscv/vm-layout.rst for
the current possibly wrong layout).

So should we make sure that modules and BPF lie in the same 2GB region?

Thanks,

Alex