* OpenEmbedded Developer Meeting Oct 22, 2017 in Prague (before ELCE)
@ 2017-08-24 18:37 Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2017-08-24 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel, openembedded-members, openembedded-core,
	openembedded-architecture
  Cc: Yocto Project

Once again we will have a developer meeting in Prague the Sunday before
ELCE.

Please go to https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OEDEM_2017 and add
yourself if you are attending and ideas for topics.

Although it is called a developer meeting, we invite members of the
larger community to attend. The core developers are always interested in
hearing how OpenEmbedded is used, and what we can do to make it better
for building the embedded devices of the future.

Thanks,

Philip

* Re: [OE-core] OpenEmbedded Developer Meeting Oct 22, 2017 in Prague (before ELCE)
@ 2017-09-13 15:40   ` Ruslan Bilovol
From: Ruslan Bilovol @ 2017-09-13 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Balister
  Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-architecture,
	openembedded-devel, openembedded-core

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 9:37 PM, Philip Balister <philip@balister.org> wrote:
> Once again we will have a developer meeting in Prague the Sunday before
> ELCE.
>
> Please go to https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OEDEM_2017 and add
> yourself if you are attending and ideas for topics.
>
> Although it is called a developer meeting, we invite members of the
> larger community to attend. The core developers are always interested in
> hearing how OpenEmbedded is used, and what we can do to make it better
> for building the embedded devices of the future.

Is it free to attend, anything else required except of
self-registration on wiki?

Thanks,
Ruslan

From: Ruslan Bilovol @ 2017-09-13 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Balister
  Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-architecture,

@ 2017-09-13 15:56     ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2017-09-13 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ruslan Bilovol
  Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-architecture,

On 09/13/2017 08:40 AM, Ruslan Bilovol wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 9:37 PM, Philip Balister <philip@balister.org> wrote:
>> Once again we will have a developer meeting in Prague the Sunday before
>> ELCE.
>>
>> Please go to https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OEDEM_2017 and add
>> yourself if you are attending and ideas for topics.
>>
>> Although it is called a developer meeting, we invite members of the
>> larger community to attend. The core developers are always interested in
>> hearing how OpenEmbedded is used, and what we can do to make it better
>> for building the embedded devices of the future.
>
> Is it free to attend, anything else required except of
> self-registration on wiki?

Self registration on the wiki is fine. See you in October.

Philip

From: Philip Balister @ 2017-09-13 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ruslan Bilovol
  Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-architecture,
	openembedded-devel, openembedded-core

On 09/13/2017 08:40 AM, Ruslan Bilovol wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 9:37 PM, Philip Balister <philip@balister.org> wrote:
>> Once again we will have a developer meeting in Prague the Sunday before
>> ELCE.
>>
>> Please go to https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OEDEM_2017 and add
>> yourself if you are attending and ideas for topics.
>>
>> Although it is called a developer meeting, we invite members of the
>> larger community to attend. The core developers are always interested in
>> hearing how OpenEmbedded is used, and what we can do to make it better
>> for building the embedded devices of the future.
>
> Is it free to attend, anything else required except of
> self-registration on wiki?

Self registration on the wiki is fine. See you in October.

Philip

> Thanks,
> Ruslan

* Re: OpenEmbedded Developer Meeting Oct 22, 2017 in Prague (before ELCE)
  (?)
  (?)
@ 2017-09-18 12:45   ` Mike Looijmans
From: Mike Looijmans @ 2017-09-18 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Balister, openembedded-core

> On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 9:37 PM, Philip Balister <philip@balister.org> wrote:
>> Once again we will have a developer meeting in Prague the Sunday before
>> ELCE.
>>
>> Please go to https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OEDEM_2017 and add
>> yourself if you are attending and ideas for topics.
>>
>> Although it is called a developer meeting, we invite members of the
>> larger community to attend. The core developers are always interested in
>> hearing how OpenEmbedded is used, and what we can do to make it better
>> for building the embedded devices of the future.

I'm planning to attend, but so far haven't made it though the wiki
registration process yet...

I can probably bring some work (e.g. Zynq MPSoC board) and fun (settop box)
hardware along to demonstrate what I'm using OE for.

Kind regards,

Mike Looijmans
System Expert

TOPIC Products
Materiaalweg 4, NL-5681 RJ Best
Postbus 440, NL-5680 AK Best
Telefoon: +31 (0) 499 33 69 79
E-mail: mike.looijmans@topicproducts.com
Website: www.topicproducts.com

* Re: OpenEmbedded Developer Meeting Oct 22, 2017 in Prague (before ELCE)
@ 2017-09-18 16:25     ` Trevor Woerner
From: Trevor Woerner @ 2017-09-18 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Looijmans; +Cc: openembedded-core

Hi Mike,

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Mike Looijmans <mike.looijmans@topic.nl> wrote:
> I can probably bring some work (e.g. Zynq MPSoC board) and fun (settop box)
> hardware along to demonstrate what I'm using OE for.

Any chance you could set something up that could be on display at the
Yocto booth during the conference?

* Re: OpenEmbedded Developer Meeting Oct 22, 2017 in Prague (before ELCE)
@ 2017-09-20  7:50       ` Mike Looijmans
From: Mike Looijmans @ 2017-09-20  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trevor Woerner; +Cc: openembedded-core

On 18-09-17 18:25, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Mike Looijmans <mike.looijmans@topic.nl> wrote:
>> I can probably bring some work (e.g. Zynq MPSoC board) and fun (settop box)
>> hardware along to demonstrate what I'm using OE for.
>
> Any chance you could set something up that could be on display at the
> Yocto booth during the conference?

Depends on what I'll be able tug along in my luggage on the airplane, but
whatever I can bring is probably suited for public display. A few circuit
boards will certainly fit, so if the stand could provide a HDMI monitor (or
TV) to connect them to that'd be awesome.

M.

Kind regards,

Mike Looijmans
System Expert

TOPIC Products
Materiaalweg 4, NL-5681 RJ Best
Postbus 440, NL-5680 AK Best
Telefoon: +31 (0) 499 33 69 79
E-mail: mike.looijmans@topicproducts.com
Website: www.topicproducts.com

Visit us at the Space Tech Expo Europe (Stand E-71)

* Re: OpenEmbedded Developer Meeting Oct 22, 2017 in Prague (before ELCE)
@ 2017-09-20  8:06         ` Josef Holzmayr
From: Josef Holzmayr @ 2017-09-20  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Looijmans, Trevor Woerner; +Cc: openembedded-core

On 20.09.2017 09:50, Mike Looijmans wrote:
> Depends on what I'll be able tug along in my luggage on the airplane,
> but whatever I can bring is probably suited for public display. A few
> circuit boards will certainly fit, so if the stand could provide a HDMI
> monitor (or TV) to connect them to that'd be awesome.

I can provide a rather small (7") TV with HDMI input if needed. Warning
ahead: IIRC it has some 1368 resolution and overscan can't be switched
off. Just let me know if I shall bring it.

Greetz
--
Josef Holzmayr
Software Developer Embedded Systems

Tel: +49 8444 9204-48
Fax: +49 8444 9204-50

R-S-I Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Woelkestrasse 11
D-85301 Schweitenkirchen
www.rsi-elektrotechnik.de
———————————————
Amtsgericht Ingolstadt – GmbH: HRB 191328 – KG: HRA 170393
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Sorg, Dipl.-Ing. Franz Sorg
Ust-IdNr: DE 128592548

Amtsgericht Ingolstadt - GmbH: HRB 191328 - KG: HRA 170363

@ 2017-09-21 20:27         ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2017-09-21 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Looijmans, Trevor Woerner; +Cc: openembedded-core

On 09/20/2017 01:50 AM, Mike Looijmans wrote:
> On 18-09-17 18:25, Trevor Woerner wrote:
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Mike Looijmans
>> <mike.looijmans@topic.nl> wrote:
>>> I can probably bring some work (e.g. Zynq MPSoC board) and fun
>>> (settop box)
>>> hardware along to demonstrate what I'm using OE for.
>>
>> Any chance you could set something up that could be on display at the
>> Yocto booth during the conference?
>
> Depends on what I'll be able tug along in my luggage on the airplane,
> but whatever I can bring is probably suited for public display. A few
> circuit boards will certainly fit, so if the stand could provide a HDMI
> monitor (or TV) to connect them to that'd be awesome.

I'd love to see some different things on the stand. Make sure you help
explain to people why the Yocto Porject and OpenEmbedded are important
to you and your product.

Philip

@ 2017-09-21 20:32           ` akuster808
From: akuster808 @ 2017-09-21 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Balister, Mike Looijmans, Trevor Woerner; +Cc: openembedded-core

On 09/21/2017 01:27 PM, Philip Balister wrote:
> On 09/20/2017 01:50 AM, Mike Looijmans wrote:
>> On 18-09-17 18:25, Trevor Woerner wrote:
>>> Hi Mike,

>>> Any chance you could set something up that could be on display at the
>>> Yocto booth during the conference?
>> Depends on what I'll be able tug along in my luggage on the airplane,
>> but whatever I can bring is probably suited for public display. A few
>> circuit boards will certainly fit, so if the stand could provide a HDMI
>> monitor (or TV) to connect them to that'd be awesome.
> I'd love to see some different things on the stand. Make sure you help
> explain to people why the Yocto Porject and OpenEmbedded are important
> to you and your product.
Philip,

Since you are the OE rep to the Yocto Project, can you make sure this is
OK with them. There could be space  or limitations at their booth.

Thanks,
- Armin

@ 2017-09-21 20:56             ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2017-09-21 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akuster808, Mike Looijmans, Trevor Woerner; +Cc: openembedded-core

On 09/21/2017 02:32 PM, akuster808 wrote:

> On 09/21/2017 01:27 PM, Philip Balister wrote:

>>> Depends on what I'll be able tug along in my luggage on the airplane,
>>> but whatever I can bring is probably suited for public display. A few
>>> circuit boards will certainly fit, so if the stand could provide a HDMI
>>> monitor (or TV) to connect them to that'd be awesome.
>> I'd love to see some different things on the stand. Make sure you help
>> explain to people why the Yocto Porject and OpenEmbedded are important
>> to you and your product.
> Philip,
>
> Since you are the OE rep to the Yocto Project, can you make sure this is
> OK with them. There could be space  or limitations at their booth.

I mentioned it to Jefro, I'm also making a guess he has something based
on a Xilinx product, who are members.

Philip

@ 2017-09-22 20:49               ` Jeff Osier-Mixon
From: Jeff Osier-Mixon @ 2017-09-22 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Balister; +Cc: Mike Looijmans, openembedded-core

If its relevance to YP and OE is able to be explained, it would be
welcomed. The only issue I see is the size of the booth, which is tiny.
However, we frequently spill out of our confined space, and I will locate a
second table if we end up needing one. Great to see community effort on the
demos!

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 1:56 PM, Philip Balister <philip@balister.org>
wrote:

> On 09/21/2017 02:32 PM, akuster808 wrote:

> >> I'd love to see some different things on the stand. Make sure you help
> >> explain to people why the Yocto Porject and OpenEmbedded are important
> >> to you and your product.
> > Philip,
> >
> > Since you are the OE rep to the Yocto Project, can you make sure this is
> > OK with them. There could be space  or limitations at their booth.
>
> I mentioned it to Jefro, I'm also making a guess he has something based
> on a Xilinx product, who are members.
>
> Philip
>

> > Thanks,
> > - Armin
> >>
> >> Philip

Jeff Osier-Mixon - Open Source Community Manager, Intel Corporation

* Re: OpenEmbedded Developer Meeting Oct 22, 2017 in Prague (before ELCE)
@ 2017-09-25 14:00                 ` Ricardo Ribalda Delgado
From: Ricardo Ribalda Delgado @ 2017-09-25 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Osier-Mixon; +Cc: Mike Looijmans, openembedded-core

If you are looking for a "fun" demo. I plan to show our bottle scanner
to the ELCE showcase. I could ask my manager if we can leave it on the
yocto booth during the conference.

We use yocto + our layer https://github.com/qtec/meta-qtec-core

Regards!

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 10:49 PM, Jeff Osier-Mixon <jefro@jefro.net> wrote:
> If its relevance to YP and OE is able to be explained, it would be welcomed.
> The only issue I see is the size of the booth, which is tiny. However, we
> frequently spill out of our confined space, and I will locate a second table
> if we end up needing one. Great to see community effort on the demos!
>
> On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 1:56 PM, Philip Balister <philip@balister.org>
> wrote:

>> > Philip,
>> >
>> > Since you are the OE rep to the Yocto Project, can you make sure this is
>> > OK with them. There could be space  or limitations at their booth.
>>
>> I mentioned it to Jefro, I'm also making a guess he has something based
>> on a Xilinx product, who are members.
>>
>> Philip
>>

>> > Thanks,
>> > - Armin

>> --

> Jeff Osier-Mixon - Open Source Community Manager, Intel Corporation

Ricardo Ribalda

[-- Attachment #2: Bottlescanner2.jpg --]
[-- Type: image/jpeg, Size: 171682 bytes --]

* Re: [OE-core] OpenEmbedded Developer Meeting Oct 22, 2017 in Prague (before ELCE)
@ 2017-09-25 14:05     ` Hudson, Sean
From: Hudson, Sean @ 2017-09-25 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-members, Philip Balister
  Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-architecture, openembedded-devel,
	openembedded-core

Ruslan,

  There is no charge.  Feel free to join.

--
Sean

From: Hudson, Sean @ 2017-09-25 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-members, Philip Balister
  Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-architecture, openembedded-devel,

@ 2017-09-25 14:05                   ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2017-09-25 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Ribalda Delgado, Jeff Osier-Mixon
  Cc: Mike Looijmans, openembedded-core

On 09/25/2017 10:00 AM, Ricardo Ribalda Delgado wrote:
> If you are looking for a "fun" demo. I plan to show our bottle scanner
> to the ELCE showcase. I could ask my manager if we can leave it on the
> yocto booth during the conference.
>
> We use yocto + our layer https://github.com/qtec/meta-qtec-core

How large is it? Can you send us a photo?

Philip

@ 2017-09-25 14:08                     ` Ricardo Ribalda Delgado
From: Ricardo Ribalda Delgado @ 2017-09-25 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Balister; +Cc: Mike Looijmans, openembedded-core

Hi

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 4:05 PM, Philip Balister <philip@balister.org> wrote:
> On 09/25/2017 10:00 AM, Ricardo Ribalda Delgado wrote:
>> If you are looking for a "fun" demo. I plan to show our bottle scanner
>> to the ELCE showcase. I could ask my manager if we can leave it on the
>> yocto booth during the conference.
>>
>> We use yocto + our layer https://github.com/qtec/meta-qtec-core
>
> How large is it? Can you send us a photo?

This is the last photo I have from the instrument. You can use the
50cl beer bottle as a reference ;).

You also need a screen + keyboard to see the results.

> Philip
>

>> Regards!
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 10:49 PM, Jeff Osier-Mixon <jefro@jefro.net> wrote:
>>> If its relevance to YP and OE is able to be explained, it would be welcomed.
>>> The only issue I see is the size of the booth, which is tiny. However, we
>>> frequently spill out of our confined space, and I will locate a second table
>>> if we end up needing one. Great to see community effort on the demos!

>>> --
>>> Jeff Osier-Mixon - Open Source Community Manager, Intel Corporation
>>>
>>> --

Ricardo Ribalda

[-- Attachment #2: CnWphU.jpg --]
[-- Type: image/jpeg, Size: 386659 bytes --]

* Re: OpenEmbedded Developer Meeting Oct 22, 2017 in Prague (before ELCE)
@ 2017-09-25 16:23                       ` Jeff Osier-Mixon
From: Jeff Osier-Mixon @ 2017-09-25 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Ribalda Delgado; +Cc: Mike Looijmans, openembedded-core

It certainly looks interesting! The  main issue is that our table is about
0.5 x 1.4 meters, so setting up demos as well as screens and keyboards may
be a difficult task. I'll do what I can to set up a second table at the
booth.

thanks!

--

@ 2017-09-26  6:34                         ` Ricardo Ribalda Delgado
From: Ricardo Ribalda Delgado @ 2017-09-26  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Osier-Mixon; +Cc: Mike Looijmans, openembedded-core

Hi

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 6:23 PM, Jeff Osier-Mixon <jefro@jefro.net> wrote:
> It certainly looks interesting! The  main issue is that our table is about
> 0.5 x 1.4 meters, so setting up demos as well as screens and keyboards may
> be a difficult task. I'll do what I can to set up a second table at the
> booth.

I have to bring it anyway. We can postpone the decision.

Regards!

@ 2017-09-26 12:56                           ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2017-09-26 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Ribalda Delgado, Jeff Osier-Mixon
  Cc: Mike Looijmans, openembedded-core

On 09/26/2017 02:34 AM, Ricardo Ribalda Delgado wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 6:23 PM, Jeff Osier-Mixon <jefro@jefro.net> wrote:
>> It certainly looks interesting! The  main issue is that our table is about
>> 0.5 x 1.4 meters, so setting up demos as well as screens and keyboards may
>> be a difficult task. I'll do what I can to set up a second table at the
>> booth.
>
> I have to bring it anyway. We can postpone the decision.

I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Philip

@ 2017-09-27  5:24                             ` Tim Orling
From: Tim Orling @ 2017-09-27  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Balister; +Cc: Mike Looijmans, openembedded-core

Does anyone from EU have a z-wave RGBW lightbulb they could loan to the booth during ELCE? I have an EU UZB bridge, but not any easy way to acquire a device to control. Otherwise I will have to use US frequency and that might not be “OK”. Plus I don’t want to spend 30-40 euros on an item that will not be useful to me except for the demo.

—Tim

@ 2017-09-27 22:32                               ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2017-09-27 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Orling; +Cc: Mike Looijmans, openembedded-core

On 09/27/2017 01:24 AM, Tim Orling wrote:
> Does anyone from EU have a z-wave RGBW lightbulb they could loan to the booth during ELCE? I have an EU UZB bridge, but not any easy way to acquire a device to control. Otherwise I will have to use US frequency and that might not be “OK”. Plus I don’t want to spend 30-40 euros on an item that will not be useful to me except for the demo.

Tim, I do not. Maybe ping the bigger list?

Philip