* wic/wks boot using labels instead of partitions
@ 2022-09-16 21:41 Mark Hatle
From: Mark Hatle @ 2022-09-16 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

Is there a way to tell the _generated_ fstab to use labels to boot and not hard
coded partitions?

If I remove the --ondisk <device> attribute from the wks file it defaults to
/dev/sda.

What I tried was:

part /boot --source bootimg-partition --fstype=vfat --label boot --active
--align 4 size 16
part / --source rootfs --fstype=ext4 --label root --align 4

If I manually add --no-fstab-update to the wks entries and add the following to
the system default fstab:

LABEL=boot   /boot  vfat  default  0  2

This works.  But I'd like to automate it within the wks.

(Alternatively I could use uuid instead of label booting, but either case, I
need to only boot with the uuid or label -- not the partition as the location of
the disk can change.)

--Mark