* Using serio_register_driver
@ 2007-02-26 23:03 Fausto Carvalho
       [not found] ` <abe01d5c0702261732k6634ff02u69e07562a39b9a8d@mail.gmail.com>
From: Fausto Carvalho @ 2007-02-26 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I have a driver that have to coexist with ATKBD accessing the same
i8042 platform driver. But when a use serio_register_driver and
program the serio_driver.interrupt i only get the atkbd to respond!!
Is there any way to use ATKBD with another i8042 driver( serio)??
Any help is wellcome.

--
Fausto Carvalho

* Re: Fwd: Using serio_register_driver
       [not found]   ` <200702270034.09603.dtor@insightbb.com>
@ 2007-02-27 10:41     ` Fausto Carvalho
From: Fausto Carvalho @ 2007-02-27 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Torokhov, linux-kernel

Well, i have a 8042 controller "connected" to the keyboard controller
that send information about battery and others to the keyboard
interrupt and io ports in the format of keystrokes. I want a way to
not alter atkbd but to create another driver that lives together with
atkbd. Is there a way?

--

@ 2007-02-28 16:34       ` Dmitry Torokhov
From: Dmitry Torokhov @ 2007-02-28 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fausto Carvalho; +Cc: linux-kernel

On 2/27/07, Fausto Carvalho <faustocarva@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, i have a 8042 controller "connected" to the keyboard controller
> that send information about battery and others to the keyboard
> interrupt and io ports in the format of keystrokes. I want a way to
> not alter atkbd but to create another driver that lives together with
> atkbd. Is there a way?

Depending on how big and box-specific the code is we could either add
it to i8042
or you need to imaplement a pass-through serio port in your driver.
You would filter out "interesting" bytes and pass the rest to the new
serio port that your driver shoudl register. Tnen atkbd would bind to
that new port and function as usual. The only problem is that you
woudl need to bind you driver to the keyboard port from userspace (via
sysfs - /sys/bus/devices/serioX/drvctl)

--
Dmitry