* [alsa-devel] alsaloop change avail_min question
@ 2019-10-23 13:44 ed nwave
From: ed nwave @ 2019-10-23 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi,

Over time I see the message below and the value slowly creeps up. Is this a
simple information output or more of a warning? If run alsaloop for a long
time - many hours of music, will alsaloop be prone to failure because of
this value increasing?

playback plughw:Siso: change avail_min=7299

Thanks.

* Re: [alsa-devel] alsaloop change avail_min question
@ 2019-10-23 16:25 ` Jaroslav Kysela
From: Jaroslav Kysela @ 2019-10-23 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel; +Cc: ed nwave

Dne 23. 10. 19 v 15:44 ed nwave napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> Over time I see the message below and the value slowly creeps up. Is this a
> simple information output or more of a warning? If run alsaloop for a long
> time - many hours of music, will alsaloop be prone to failure because of
> this value increasing?
>
> playback plughw:Siso: change avail_min=7299

It's difficult to say without knowing the details (the used parameters). The
avail_min increase was added to avoid "no wait" loop (100% CPU usage).

				Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

* Re: [alsa-devel] alsaloop change avail_min question
@ 2019-10-23 17:02   ` ed nwave
From: ed nwave @ 2019-10-23 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jaroslav Kysela; +Cc: alsa-devel

OK, next time it does it I will post the parameters. The CPU usage is very
low for 44100 alsaloop in general. For future reference what does the
avail_min do/represent? Knowing what this value does may help next time it
occurs.

Thanks.