* Cairo egl / glesv2 PACKAGECONFIG dependency hell
@ 2017-05-11  8:08 Boszormenyi Zoltan
From: Boszormenyi Zoltan @ 2017-05-11  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hi,

the cairo recipe exposes PACKAGECONFIG[egl] and PACKAGECONFIG[glesv2].

I tried to enable them for genericx86-64 and a build error occors
because now mesa is a dependency of cairo but mesa doesn't contain
BBCLASSEXTEND="native".

This applies to Morty and the morty branch of meta-backports.

Please fix it either way: remove PACKAGECONFIG[egl] from cairo
or add native build to mesa.

If you go the second route, then all the dependencies of mesa also
need the same BBCLASSEXTEND="native" treatment. Maybe better adding
it to xorg-proto.inc and xorg-lib-common.inc is better. Then the LLVM
recipe, possibly not a nice fallout.

Maybe it's easier to just remove PACKAGECONFIG[egl] and
PACKAGECONFIG[glesv2] from cairo.

Best regards,
Zoltan Boszormenyi

* Re: Cairo egl / glesv2 PACKAGECONFIG dependency hell
@ 2017-05-11  9:01 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2017-05-11  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Boszormenyi Zoltan; +Cc: OpenEmbedded Devel List

On 11 May 2017 at 09:08, Boszormenyi Zoltan <zboszor@pr.hu> wrote:

> Please fix it either way: remove PACKAGECONFIG[egl] from cairo
> or add native build to mesa.

Or only enable egl in target builds (using a class override), which is the
easier, simpler, and correct fix.

Ross

* Re: Cairo egl / glesv2 PACKAGECONFIG dependency hell
@ 2017-05-11  9:44   ` Boszormenyi Zoltan
From: Boszormenyi Zoltan @ 2017-05-11  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: OpenEmbedded Devel List

> On 11 May 2017 at 09:08, Boszormenyi Zoltan <zboszor@pr.hu <mailto:zboszor@pr.hu>> wrote:
>
>     Please fix it either way: remove PACKAGECONFIG[egl] from cairo
>     or add native build to mesa.
>

> Or only enable egl in target builds (using a class override), which is the easier,
> simpler, and correct fix.

Thanks!