* [ANNOUNCE] sdparm 1.10 available
@ 2020-03-05 21:42 Douglas Gilbert
From: Douglas Gilbert @ 2020-03-05 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SCSI development list
  Cc: Tomas Fasth, Martin Pitt, David Sommerseth, Hannes Reinecke, delphij

sdparm is a command line utility designed to get and set SCSI device
parameters (cf hdparm for ATA disks). The parameters are held in
mode pages. Apart from SCSI devices (e.g. disks, tapes and enclosures)
sdparm can be used on any device that uses a SCSI command set. sdparm
also can decode VPD pages including the device identification page.
Commands to start and stop the media; load and unload removable media
and some other housekeeping functions are supported. sdparm supports
the Linux kernel 2.6, 3, 4 and 5 series with ports to FreeBSD, Solaris,
Android and Windows.

For more information and downloads see:
     http://sg.danny.cz/sg/sdparm.html

There is a github mirror (or my subversion repository) at:
     https://github.com/doug-gilbert/sdparm

ChangeLog for sdparm-1.11 [20200303] [svn: r334]
   - Allow ZBC mode pages to use existing SBC mpages
     as permitted by zbc2r04 chapter 6.4.1 table 70
   - add --out_mask=OM option for mode page control
     bitmask (current, changeable, default and/or saveable)
   - add --examine option to iterate over mode+vpd pages
   - add Out of band management control mpage (spl5r01)
   - expand SAS configure port mode page [0x19,0x2] with
     configure port mode fields (spl5r07)
   - accept additional transport acronyms (e.g. ib for srp)
   - power condition mpage: rename fields IDLE->IDLE_A;
     STANDBY->STANDBY_Z; ICT->IACT and SCT->SZCT
   - device configuration extension mpage: expand PEWS
     field with added PE_UN (PEWS units) field (ssc5r05)
   - add Zoned block device control mpage (zbc2r04a)
   - --defaults option can be used twice: reverts all
     pages to their defaults (new in spc5r11, RTD bit)
   - vpd: decode TransportIDs in SCSI port page
     - --all option used twice lists all VPD pages
     - decode SCSI Feature sets page (spc5r16)
     - extended inquiry data, sync with spc5r09 + sbc4r11
     - 3 party copy page improvements including
       Copy group identifier
     - block limits and block limit extension VPD pages:
       add extra info about corner cases
     - add maximum inquiry|mode_page change logs fields
       to extended inquiry vpd page (spc5r17)
     - fully implement Device constituents VPD page
   - command=capacity with --long force read capacity(16)
     with full reporting of response
   - --wscan option: expand bus type to include NVMe
   - mode page output with -HHH suitable for --inhex=
   - add flexible geometery page (obsolete) sbc2r00
   - point svn:externals to rev 843 of sg3_utils [v 1.45]
   - convert many two valued 'int's to bool
   - shellcheck corrections on scripts
   - upgrade automake to version 1.15 (U16.04)
   - rework configure.ac and src/Makefile.am
   - add --enable-debug to ./configure
   - update BSD license from 3 to 2 clause aka FreeBSD
     license (without reference to FreeBSD project)
   - debian: bump compat file contents from 7 to 10

ChangeLog for sdparm-1.10 [20160222] [svn: r279]

Doug Gilbert

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] sdparm 1.11 available
@ 2020-03-05 21:50 ` Douglas Gilbert
From: Douglas Gilbert @ 2020-03-05 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SCSI development list
  Cc: Tomas Fasth, Martin Pitt, David Sommerseth, Hannes Reinecke, delphij

Correction in the title: releasing version 1.11

@ 2016-02-24  0:20 Douglas Gilbert
From: Douglas Gilbert @ 2016-02-24  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SCSI development list
  Cc: Tomas Fasth, Martin Pitt, David Sommerseth, Hannes Reinecke,
	linux-kernel, delphij

sdparm is a command line utility designed to get and set SCSI device
parameters (cf hdparm for ATA disks). The parameters are held in
mode pages. Apart from SCSI devices (e.g. disks, tapes and enclosures)
sdparm can be used on any device that uses a SCSI command set. sdparm
also can decode VPD pages including the device identification page.
Commands to start and stop the media; load and unload removable media
and some other housekeeping functions are supported. sdparm supports
both the Linux kernel 2.6, 3 and 4 series with ports to FreeBSD,
Solaris, Tru64 and Windows.

The version tracks changes in draft standards from
www.t10.org since December 2014.

For more information and downloads see:
     http://sg.danny.cz/sg/sdparm.html

ChangeLog  for sdparm-1.10 [20160222] [svn: r279]
   - add --inhex=FN option for decoding without device present,
     FN is interpreted as response to mode sense(10) command
   - add --raw option to interpret FN as binary (def: ASCII hex)
   - add --pdt=PDT option for use with --inhex=FN
   - --quiet used twice hides changeable, default + saved
   - add IO advice hints grouping mode page (sbc4r06, 8)
   - add Unit serial number VPD page specific sanity check
   - add NO_PI_CHK to Supported block lengths and protection
     types VPD page
   - add Background operation control mpage (sbc4r07)
   - Read-write error recovery mpage: add Misaligned writes
     reporting field (MWR)
   - sync tape mpages with ssc5r02
   - add Block limits extension VPD page
   - add Device constituents VPD page
   - add LB protection VPD page (ssc5r02a)
   - LB provisioning VPD page: expand LBPRZ, add Minimum and
     Threshold percentage fields
   - device identification VPD page: add decoding for locally
     assigned UUIDs (spc5r08)
   - the --inhex=FN option together with --inquiry decodes
     FN as a single VPD page
   - improve lto5 and lto6 vendor mpage support
   - sync to spc5r08 and sbc4r10
   - add SAS G5 (22.5 Gbps) settings (spl4r06)
   - point svn:externals to rev 663 of sg3_utils
   - upgrade automake to version 1.15 (U15.10)
   - autogen.sh: upgrade to buildconf 20091223 version

ChangeLog for sdparm-1.09 [20141226] [svn: r257]

Doug Gilbert