* Fwd: ipset bug
@ 2009-08-08  9:04 Jan Engelhardt
From: Jan Engelhardt @ 2009-08-08  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Maybe you can do something with this:

When an ipset is created it is appended to the list of ipsets.
On ipset -S the list is saved in that same order.

Setlists are dependant on previously declared ipsets so appended
sets of any type are not included even if they exist.

Ipsets should be stored and saved in the order of their dependencies,
not the order of their declarations.
Currently only manual editing the saved file will restore order.

Marty B.

--
An artist who is forced to work a specific schedule, is no longer
an artist; he is just hired help. Inspiration cannot be purchased.

* Re: Fwd: ipset bug
@ 2009-08-08 13:25 ` Jozsef Kadlecsik
From: Jozsef Kadlecsik @ 2009-08-08 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 8 Aug 2009, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> Maybe you can do something with this:
>
> When an ipset is created it is appended to the list of ipsets.
> On ipset -S the list is saved in that same order.
>
> Setlists are dependant on previously declared ipsets so appended
> sets of any type are not included even if they exist.
>
> Ipsets should be stored and saved in the order of their dependencies,
> not the order of their declarations.
> Currently only manual editing the saved file will restore order.
>
> Marty B.

Thanks the report, it's a subtle "ipset -S" bug. I'll fix in the next
days.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-