* master <=> next
@ 2012-11-15 19:17 Stefan Priebe
From: Stefan Priebe @ 2012-11-15 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hello list,

maybe i do not understand the difference between master and next but is
it correct that the following commits are in next but NOT in master?

b40387d msg/Pipe: fix leak of Authorizer
0fb23cf Merge remote-tracking branch 'gh/wip-3477' into next
12c2b7f msg/DispatchQueue: release throttle on messages when dropping an id
5f214b2 PrioritizedQueue: allow remove_by_class to return removed items
98b93b5 librbd: use delete[] properly
4a7a81b objecter: fix leak of out_handlers
ef4e4c8 mon: calculate failed_since relative to message receive time
9267d8a rgw: update post policy parser
f6cb078 mon: set default port when binding to random local ip
dfeb8de Merge remote-tracking branch 'gh/wip-asok' into next
ce28455 rgw: relax date format check
4a34965 client: register admin socket commands without lock held
4db9442 objecter: separate locked and unlocked init/shutdown
9c31d09 mon: kick failures when we lose leadership
e43f9d7 mon: process failures when osds go down
763d348 mon: ignore failure messages if already pending a failure

Greets,
Stefan

* Re: master <=> next
@ 2012-11-15 19:31 ` Yehuda Sadeh
From: Yehuda Sadeh @ 2012-11-15 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Priebe; +Cc: ceph-devel

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 11:17 AM, Stefan Priebe <s.priebe@profihost.ag> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> maybe i do not understand the difference between master and next but is it
> correct that the following commits are in next but NOT in master?
>
> b40387d msg/Pipe: fix leak of Authorizer
> 0fb23cf Merge remote-tracking branch 'gh/wip-3477' into next
> 12c2b7f msg/DispatchQueue: release throttle on messages when dropping an id
> 5f214b2 PrioritizedQueue: allow remove_by_class to return removed items
> 98b93b5 librbd: use delete[] properly
> 4a7a81b objecter: fix leak of out_handlers
> ef4e4c8 mon: calculate failed_since relative to message receive time
> 9267d8a rgw: update post policy parser
> f6cb078 mon: set default port when binding to random local ip
> dfeb8de Merge remote-tracking branch 'gh/wip-asok' into next
> ce28455 rgw: relax date format check
> 4a34965 client: register admin socket commands without lock held
> 4db9442 objecter: separate locked and unlocked init/shutdown
> 9c31d09 mon: kick failures when we lose leadership
> e43f9d7 mon: process failures when osds go down
> 763d348 mon: ignore failure messages if already pending a failure

Yes. The next branch will be merged into master later.

Yehuda

* Re: master <=> next
@ 2012-11-15 19:32 ` Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2012-11-15 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Priebe; +Cc: ceph-devel

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012, Stefan Priebe wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> maybe i do not understand the difference between master and next but is it
> correct that the following commits are in next but NOT in master?
>
> b40387d msg/Pipe: fix leak of Authorizer
> 0fb23cf Merge remote-tracking branch 'gh/wip-3477' into next
> 12c2b7f msg/DispatchQueue: release throttle on messages when dropping an id
> 5f214b2 PrioritizedQueue: allow remove_by_class to return removed items
> 98b93b5 librbd: use delete[] properly
> 4a7a81b objecter: fix leak of out_handlers
> ef4e4c8 mon: calculate failed_since relative to message receive time
> 9267d8a rgw: update post policy parser
> f6cb078 mon: set default port when binding to random local ip
> dfeb8de Merge remote-tracking branch 'gh/wip-asok' into next
> ce28455 rgw: relax date format check
> 4a34965 client: register admin socket commands without lock held
> 4db9442 objecter: separate locked and unlocked init/shutdown
> 9c31d09 mon: kick failures when we lose leadership
> e43f9d7 mon: process failures when osds go down
> 763d348 mon: ignore failure messages if already pending a failure

Temporarily, yes.  Normally fixes go into next and are then merged back
into master.  Since we're in the 'frozen but stabilizing' phase that's
less work than cherry-picking every fix from master->next.

We then regularly merge next back into master so that master gets
everything, but that hasn't happened in a day or so; I'll do it now.

sage