* /etc/init.d/ceph script will restart stop start the daemon twice
@ 2013-08-07 15:14 huangjun
From: huangjun @ 2013-08-07 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

hi,
we use the ceph 0.613, write all the and when
operate(restart|start|stop) the cluster daemon(osd|mds|mon), it will
excecute the operation twice.
from the code init-ceph.in:
get_localname_list
get_name_list "$@"
for name in $what; do
done
so the result $what will include twice the local daemons, shall we only
use the get_name_list? what's get_localname_list do here?

thanks!
huangjun

* Re: /etc/init.d/ceph script will restart stop start the daemon twice
@ 2013-08-07 16:24 ` Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2013-08-07 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: huangjun; +Cc: ceph-devel

On Wed, 7 Aug 2013, huangjun wrote:
> hi,
> we use the ceph 0.613, write all the and when
> operate(restart|start|stop) the cluster daemon(osd|mds|mon), it will
> excecute the operation twice.
> from the code init-ceph.in:
> get_localname_list
> get_name_list "$@"
> for name in $what; do
> done
> so the result $what will include twice the local daemons, shall we only
> use the get_name_list? what's get_localname_list do here?

It sounds like you have the osds listed in ceph.conf (with a host = ...
line) *and* have touched /var/lib/ceph/osd/*/sysvinit ?  You should only
do one or the other.. preferably touching the sysvinit file so that
ceph.conf is simple (this is what ceph-deploy does).

sage