* v9.0.1 released
@ 2015-06-11 17:06 Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2015-06-11 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-announce, ceph-devel, ceph-users, ceph-maintainers

This development release is delayed a bit due to tooling changes in the
build environment.  As a result the next one (v9.0.2) will have a bit more
work than is usual.

Highlights here include lots of RGW Swift fixes, RBD feature work
surrounding the new object map feature, more CephFS snapshot fixes, and a
few important CRUSH fixes.

Notable Changes
---------------

* auth: cache/reuse crypto lib key objects, optimize msg signature check
  (Sage Weil)
* build: allow tcmalloc-minimal (Thorsten Behrens)
* build: do not build ceph-dencoder with tcmalloc (#10691 Boris Ranto)
* build: fix pg ref disabling (William A. Kennington III)
* build: install-deps.sh improvements (Loic Dachary)
* build: misc fixes (Boris Ranto, Ken Dreyer, Owen Synge)
* ceph-authtool: fix return code on error (Gerhard Muntingh)
* ceph-disk: fix zap sgdisk invocation (Owen Synge, Thorsten Behrens)
* ceph-disk: pass --cluster arg on prepare subcommand (Kefu Chai)
* ceph-fuse, libcephfs: drop inode when rmdir finishes (#11339 Yan, Zheng)
* ceph-fuse,libcephfs: fix uninline (#11356 Yan, Zheng)
* ceph-monstore-tool: fix store-copy (Huangjun)
* common: add perf counter descriptions (Alyona Kiseleva)
* common: fix throttle max change (Henry Chang)
* crush: fix crash from invalid 'take' argument (#11602 Shiva Rkreddy,
  Sage Weil)
* crush: fix divide-by-2 in straw2 (#11357 Yann Dupont, Sage Weil)
* deb: fix rest-bench-dbg and ceph-test-dbg dependendies (Ken Dreyer)
* doc: document region hostnames (Robin H. Johnson)
* doc: update release schedule docs (Loic Dachary)
* init-radosgw: run radosgw as root (#11453 Ken Dreyer)
* librados: fadvise flags per op (Jianpeng Ma)
* librbd: allow additional metadata to be stored with the image (Haomai
  Wang)
* librbd: better handling for dup flatten requests (#11370 Jason Dillaman)
* librbd: cancel in-flight ops on watch error (#11363 Jason Dillaman)
* librbd: default new images to format 2 (#11348 Jason Dillaman)
* librbd: fast diff implementation that leverages object map (Jason
  Dillaman)
* librbd: fix snapshot creation when other snap is active (#11475 Jason
  Dillaman)
* librbd: new diff_iterate2 API (Jason Dillaman)
* librbd: object map rebuild support (Jason Dillaman)
* logrotate.d: prefer service over invoke-rc.d (#11330 Win Hierman, Sage
  Weil)
* mds: avoid getting stuck in XLOCKDONE (#11254 Yan, Zheng)
* mds: fix integer truncateion on large client ids (Henry Chang)
* mds: many snapshot and stray fixes (Yan, Zheng)
* mds: persist completed_requests reliably (#11048 John Spray)
* mds: separate safe_pos in Journaler (#10368 John Spray)
* mds: snapshot rename support (#3645 Yan, Zheng)
* mds: warn when clients fail to advance oldest_client_tid (#10657 Yan,
  Zheng)
* misc cleanups and fixes (Danny Al-Gaaf)
* mon: fix average utilization calc for 'osd df' (Mykola Golub)
* mon: fix variance calc in 'osd df' (Sage Weil)
* mon: improve callout to crushtool (Mykola Golub)
* mon: prevent bucket deletion when referenced by a crush rule (#11602
  Sage Weil)
* mon: prime pg_temp when CRUSH map changes (Sage Weil)
* monclient: flush_log (John Spray)
* msgr: async: many many fixes (Haomai Wang)
* msgr: simple: fix clear_pipe (#11381 Haomai Wang)
* osd: add latency perf counters for tier operations (Xinze Chi)
* osd: avoid multiple hit set insertions (Zhiqiang Wang)
* osd: break PG removal into multiple iterations (#10198 Guang Yang)
* osd: check scrub state when handling map (Jianpeng Ma)
* osd: fix endless repair when object is unrecoverable (Jianpeng Ma, Kefu
  Chai)
* osd: fix pg resurrection (#11429 Samuel Just)
* osd: ignore non-existent osds in unfound calc (#10976 Mykola Golub)
* osd: increase default max open files (Owen Synge)
* osd: prepopulate needs_recovery_map when only one peer has missing
  (#9558 Guang Yang)
* osd: relax reply order on proxy read (#11211 Zhiqiang Wang)
* osd: skip promotion for flush/evict op (Zhiqiang Wang)
* osd: write journal header on clean shutdown (Xinze Chi)
* qa: run-make-check.sh script (Loic Dachary)
* rados bench: misc fixes (Dmitry Yatsushkevich)
* rados: fix error message on failed pool removal (Wido den Hollander)
* radosgw-admin: add 'bucket check' function to repair bucket index
  (Yehuda Sadeh)
* rbd: allow unmapping by spec (Ilya Dryomov)
* rbd: deprecate --new-format option (Jason Dillman)
* rgw: do not set content-type if length is 0 (#11091 Orit Wasserman)
* rgw: don't use end_marker for namespaced object listing (#11437 Yehuda
  Sadeh)
* rgw: fail if parts not specified on multipart upload (#11435 Yehuda
  Sadeh)
* rgw: fix GET on swift account when limit == 0 (#10683 Radoslaw
  Zarzynski)
* rgw: fix broken stats in container listing (#11285 Radoslaw Zarzynski)
* rgw: fix bug in domain/subdomain splitting (Robin H. Johnson)
* rgw: fix civetweb max threads (#10243 Yehuda Sadeh)
* rgw: fix copy metadata, support X-Copied-From for swift (#10663 Radoslaw
  Zarzynski)
* rgw: fix locator for objects starting with _ (#11442 Yehuda Sadeh)
* rgw: fix mulitipart upload in retry path (#11604 Yehuda Sadeh)
* rgw: fix quota enforcement on POST (#11323 Sergey Arkhipov)
* rgw: fix return code on missing upload (#11436 Yehuda Sadeh)
* rgw: force content type header on responses with no body (#11438 Orit
  Wasserman)
* rgw: generate new object tag when setting attrs (#11256 Yehuda Sadeh)
* rgw: issue aio for first chunk before flush cached data (#11322 Guang
  Yang)
* rgw: make read user buckets backward compat (#10683 Radoslaw Zarzynski)
* rgw: merge manifests properly with prefix override (#11622 Yehuda Sadeh)
* rgw: return 412 on bad limit when listing buckets (#11613 Yehuda Sadeh)
* rgw: send ETag, Last-Modified for swift (#11087 Radoslaw Zarzynski)
* rgw: set content length on container GET, PUT, DELETE, HEAD (#10971,
  #11036 Radoslaw Zarzynski)
* rgw: support end marker on swift container GET (#10682 Radoslaw
  Zarzynski)
* rgw: swift: fix account listing (#11501 Radoslaw Zarzynski)
* rgw: swift: set content-length on keystone tokens (#11473 Herv Rousseau)
* rgw: use correct oid for gc chains (#11447 Yehuda Sadeh)
* rgw: use unique request id for civetweb (#10295 Orit Wasserman)
* rocksdb, leveldb: fix compact_on_mount (Xiaoxi Chen)
* rocksdb: add perf counters for get/put latency (Xinxin Shu)
* rpm: add suse firewall files (Tim Serong)
* rpm: misc systemd and suse fixes (Owen Synge, Nathan Cutler)

Getting Ceph
------------

* Git at git://github.com/ceph/ceph.git
* Tarball at http://ceph.com/download/ceph-9.0.1.tar.gz
* For packages, see http://ceph.com/docs/master/install/get-packages
* For ceph-deploy, see http://ceph.com/docs/master/install/install-ceph-deploy

* Re: v9.0.1 released
@ 2015-06-16 22:31 ` Yuri Weinstein
From: Yuri Weinstein @ 2015-06-16 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sage Weil; +Cc: ceph-announce, ceph-devel, ceph-users, ceph-maintainers

Sage

We still running nightlies on next and branches.

Just wanted to reaffirm that this is not time yet to start scheduling suites on "infernalis"?

Thx
YuriW

@ 2015-06-17  0:06   ` Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2015-06-17  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuri Weinstein; +Cc: ceph-devel

On Tue, 16 Jun 2015, Yuri Weinstein wrote:
> Sage
>
> We still running nightlies on next and branches.
>
> Just wanted to reaffirm that this is not time yet to start scheduling suites on "infernalis"?

Not yet.. we can set that up once we create the infernalis branch (when we
feature freeze).

sage