* [Qemu-devel] Question about unbind MSI in xen_pt_msi.c
@ 2015-04-01 12:51 Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2015-04-01 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Stabellini, yunhong.jiang
  Cc: Ian Campbell, Ian Jackson, qemu-devel, xen-devel

Hi,

I'm looking to replace any call to xc_domain_bind_pt_irq and
xc_domain_unbind_pt_irq by specific IRQ type helpers.

I found one strange call which will always fail in xen_pt_msix_update_remap.
The function xc_domain_unbind_pt_irq is called with PT_IRQ_TYPE_MSI
which is not supported by the function.

I'm not familiar with x86 passthrough but this looks wrong to me. Am I
right? Shouldn't we replace this call by xc_domain_unbind_msi_irq?

Julien Grall

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Question about unbind MSI in xen_pt_msi.c
@ 2015-04-01 15:32 ` Stefano Stabellini
From: Stefano Stabellini @ 2015-04-01 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall
  Cc: Ian Campbell, Stefano Stabellini, yunhong.jiang, Ian Jackson,
	qemu-devel, xen-devel

On Wed, 1 Apr 2015, Julien Grall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to replace any call to xc_domain_bind_pt_irq and
> xc_domain_unbind_pt_irq by specific IRQ type helpers.
>
> I found one strange call which will always fail in xen_pt_msix_update_remap.
> The function xc_domain_unbind_pt_irq is called with PT_IRQ_TYPE_MSI
> which is not supported by the function.
>
> I'm not familiar with x86 passthrough but this looks wrong to me. Am I
> right? Shouldn't we replace this call by xc_domain_unbind_msi_irq?

I think that nobody noticed because xen_pt_msix_update_remap is only
called by xen_pt_region_add at assignement time, when pirq is
XEN_PT_UNASSIGNED_PIRQ, therefore xc_domain_unbind_pt_irq is not
actually called.

Yes, I think it should be xc_domain_unbind_msi_irq.

* Re: Question about unbind MSI in xen_pt_msi.c
@ 2015-04-01 15:32 ` Stefano Stabellini
From: Stefano Stabellini @ 2015-04-01 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall
  Cc: Ian Campbell, Stefano Stabellini, yunhong.jiang, Ian Jackson,

@ 2015-04-01 17:25   ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2015-04-01 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Stabellini
  Cc: Ian Campbell, yunhong.jiang, Ian Jackson, qemu-devel, xen-devel

Hi,

On 01/04/2015 16:32, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Apr 2015, Julien Grall wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking to replace any call to xc_domain_bind_pt_irq and
>> xc_domain_unbind_pt_irq by specific IRQ type helpers.
>>
>> I found one strange call which will always fail in xen_pt_msix_update_remap.
>> The function xc_domain_unbind_pt_irq is called with PT_IRQ_TYPE_MSI
>> which is not supported by the function.
>>
>> I'm not familiar with x86 passthrough but this looks wrong to me. Am I
>> right? Shouldn't we replace this call by xc_domain_unbind_msi_irq?
>
> I think that nobody noticed because xen_pt_msix_update_remap is only
> called by xen_pt_region_add at assignement time, when pirq is
> XEN_PT_UNASSIGNED_PIRQ, therefore xc_domain_unbind_pt_irq is not
> actually called.

Right. I think it would be possible to hit the problem if the guest
decide to relocate the BAR.

> Yes, I think it should be xc_domain_unbind_msi_irq.

I don't have any x86 platform. Can someone take this item?

Otherwise I will do a blind port.

Julien Grall

From: Julien Grall @ 2015-04-01 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Stabellini