* question about drivers/mailbox/pcc.c
@ 2015-03-13  9:12 Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2015-03-13  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ashwin.chaugule, jassisinghbrar; +Cc: daniel, linux-kernel

Hello,

The patch 86c22f8c9a3b from Wed Nov 12 19:59:38 2014 in linux-next
introduces a file that contains two exported functions:
pcc_mbox_request_channel and pcc_mbox_free_channel.  As far as I can see,
these functions are not used by any modules in the kernel source tree.
Is there some code coming that will use them, or should they be removed?

thanks,
julia

* Re: question about drivers/mailbox/pcc.c
@ 2015-03-13 13:19 ` Ashwin Chaugule
From: Ashwin Chaugule @ 2015-03-13 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julia Lawall; +Cc: Jassi Brar, daniel, lkml

On 13 March 2015 at 05:12, Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@lip6.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The patch 86c22f8c9a3b from Wed Nov 12 19:59:38 2014 in linux-next
> introduces a file that contains two exported functions:
> pcc_mbox_request_channel and pcc_mbox_free_channel.  As far as I can see,
> these functions are not used by any modules in the kernel source tree.
> Is there some code coming that will use them, or should they be removed?

There is code that depends on these functions being reviewed. CPPC is
one client that is publicly being reviewed[1]. I know there are others
(RASF), but I do not know their upstreaming status.

Thanks,
Ashwin.

[1] - https://www.marc.info/?t=142239274200005&r=1&w=1

* Re: question about drivers/mailbox/pcc.c
@ 2015-03-13 14:29   ` Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2015-03-13 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ashwin Chaugule; +Cc: Jassi Brar, daniel, lkml

On Fri, 13 Mar 2015, Ashwin Chaugule wrote:

> On 13 March 2015 at 05:12, Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@lip6.fr> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > The patch 86c22f8c9a3b from Wed Nov 12 19:59:38 2014 in linux-next
> > introduces a file that contains two exported functions:
> > pcc_mbox_request_channel and pcc_mbox_free_channel.  As far as I can see,
> > these functions are not used by any modules in the kernel source tree.
> > Is there some code coming that will use them, or should they be removed?
>
> There is code that depends on these functions being reviewed. CPPC is
> one client that is publicly being reviewed[1]. I know there are others
> (RASF), but I do not know their upstreaming status.

OK, thanks for the clarification.

julia