* Re: Your email
       [not found] <CAFfNYUmFPBvYLk4c4N-rAH-huDi0QsEsXA-Z9gN5pMiuwejVhQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2016-09-06 16:27 ` Johannes Schindelin
From: Johannes Schindelin @ 2016-09-06 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Idan Shimoni; +Cc: git

Hi Idan,

please only write public mails when discussing Open Source.

On Tue, 6 Sep 2016, Idan Shimoni wrote:

> "This" top-posting is auto generated when hitting on the magic button
> called "Reply", and it is the generic way that the industry works.  How
> do you expect me to know that this is considered "very very rude on this
> emailing list" if it is not mention in any place on your page.

The top-posting is actually not auto-generated at all. It is your decision
to write on top of the quoted text, or not.

> When I sent my email in the first time I did not sent it to Stefan, I
> found this email (git@vger.kernel.org) at one of the pages as a
> "support" for Git for Windows.

You probably also saw the note that this is an Open Source project, where
that support is handled by volunteers. You did not pay anything, after
all.

> When I sent my email I did not think that the support is also for
> different operating systems, as I found it on a "Git for Windows"
> page, and as for the version from which I upgraded or from what I
> upgraded to it is not really matter as you now understand now because
> Git for Windows removed the Git-Cheetah.
>
> On the other end in my terms and my colleagues here, Stefan last email
> and yours are considered very very rude, if you WANT to help people
> then help them, do not attack them as you did.

You know, replies like these I could do without. I do try to help. I even
explain to you why your replies are met with such hostility, and how you
could avoid that in the future. And what do I get in return?

> And lastly as for the ticket at
> https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/issues/875 I was not sure if it
> is the repository for this, as later on I understood that it is
> related to a different product.
>
> So, there you go.
>
> I am very very very sorry for disturbing and annoying both of you and
> will not address you or your colleagues in the future any more.
>

> * Sure not use any of your products as well

That is your choice, of course. You will have to live with the choices
Stefan and I make on our end, too.

Ciao,
Johannes

* Re: Your email