* [Xenomai] Xenomai 3.0.7
@ 2018-06-25  9:25 Philippe Gerum
From: Philippe Gerum @ 2018-06-25  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xenomai

Xenomai 3.0.7 is out [1]. The GIT repository can be cloned from [2].

Some GPIO driver updates, several bug fixes in the Cobalt core, and a
critical bug removed from the pshared heap (for users of non-POSIX APIs
building with --enable-pshared).

An effort to sanitize some legacy from RTnet causing invalid accesses
from kernel space to userland memory also stands out, although more work
remains in this area.

This release supports up to the Linux 4.14 series for ARM, ARM64 and
PPC32. Work is still ahead for running Cobalt over 4.14/x86 though.

[1] http://xenomai.org/downloads/xenomai/stable/latest/
[2] https://git.xenomai.org/xenomai/

--
Philippe.

* Re: [Xenomai] Xenomai 3.0.7
@ 2018-06-25 14:18 ` Henning Schild
From: Henning Schild @ 2018-06-25 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe Gerum; +Cc: Xenomai

Sweet! But what is up with the new git branch "stable/v3.0.x" vs.
"stable-3.0.x"?

Henning

@ 2018-06-25 14:55   ` Philippe Gerum
From: Philippe Gerum @ 2018-06-25 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henning Schild; +Cc: Xenomai

On 06/25/2018 04:18 PM, Henning Schild wrote:
> Sweet! But what is up with the new git branch "stable/v3.0.x" vs.
> "stable-3.0.x"?

Same. All former Xenomai trees have been merged into a single one on the
gitlab repo as most of them share the same commit history. Branches are
named in order to differentiate between multiple eol/* for 2.x,
stable/current (when 3.1.x is here) and the single devel aka "next" path.

--
Philippe.

* Re: [Xenomai] Xenomai 3.0.7
@ 2018-06-27 18:54 ` Jeff Melvile
From: Jeff Melvile @ 2018-06-27 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe Gerum; +Cc: Xenomai

Philippe,

Thanks again for all your work on this release.

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018, Philippe Gerum wrote:

> Xenomai 3.0.7 is out [1]. The GIT repository can be cloned from [2].
>
> Some GPIO driver updates, several bug fixes in the Cobalt core, and a
> critical bug removed from the pshared heap (for users of non-POSIX APIs
> building with --enable-pshared).
>
> An effort to sanitize some legacy from RTnet causing invalid accesses
> from kernel space to userland memory also stands out, although more work
> remains in this area.
>
> This release supports up to the Linux 4.14 series for ARM, ARM64 and
> PPC32. Work is still ahead for running Cobalt over 4.14/x86 though.

Is ARM64 a typo? The v3.0.7 tag doesn't have ARM64 directories in
{kernel,lib}/cobalt/arch

> [1] http://xenomai.org/downloads/xenomai/stable/latest/
> [2] https://git.xenomai.org/xenomai/
>
> --
> Philippe.

Jeff

* Re: [Xenomai] Xenomai 3.0.7
@ 2018-06-27 19:44   ` Philippe Gerum
From: Philippe Gerum @ 2018-06-27 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Melvile; +Cc: Xenomai

On 06/27/2018 08:54 PM, Jeff Melvile wrote:
> Philippe,
>
> Thanks again for all your work on this release.
>
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2018, Philippe Gerum wrote:
>

>> Xenomai 3.0.7 is out [1]. The GIT repository can be cloned from [2].
>>
>> Some GPIO driver updates, several bug fixes in the Cobalt core, and a
>> critical bug removed from the pshared heap (for users of non-POSIX APIs
>> building with --enable-pshared).
>>
>> An effort to sanitize some legacy from RTnet causing invalid accesses
>> from kernel space to userland memory also stands out, although more work
>> remains in this area.
>>
>> This release supports up to the Linux 4.14 series for ARM, ARM64 and
>> PPC32. Work is still ahead for running Cobalt over 4.14/x86 though.
>
> Is ARM64 a typo? The v3.0.7 tag doesn't have ARM64 directories in
> {kernel,lib}/cobalt/arch

Yes, ARM64 is supported over Xenomai's -next branch only. I-pipe/4.14
does support ARM64 already though.

--
Philippe.