* jack doesn't detected plugged after suspend
@ 2021-01-31 22:15 Mert Can Demir
From: Mert Can Demir @ 2021-01-31 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi,

I opened an issue on pulseaudio repository at
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/-/issues/1125 about
the problem about the detection of jack output, and I have been forwarded
there, that mailing list, at
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/-/issues/1125#note_784979.
The related outputs and logs are baked into the issue, and seems that the
outputs tells that alsa driver did not reported jack as plugged after
suspend.

Thanks for understanding,

Sincerely,

validatedev

* Re: jack doesn't detected plugged after suspend
@ 2021-02-01  8:23 ` Kai Vehmanen
From: Kai Vehmanen @ 2021-02-01  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mert Can Demir; +Cc: alsa-devel

Hi,

On Mon, 1 Feb 2021, Mert Can Demir wrote:

> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/-/issues/1125#note_784979.
> The related outputs and logs are baked into the issue, and seems that the
> outputs tells that alsa driver did not reported jack as plugged after
> suspend.

codec seems to be ALC256 with snd-hda-intel, kernel
5.10.10-200.fc33.x86_64.

Can you say when this started to happen? There has been some recent
patches in this area, and I wonder if this is a regression or something
related to specific system configuration.

Some recent patches that are already included in 5.10.10:

9fc149c3bce7bdbb94948a8e6bd025e3b3538603 ALSA: hda: Reinstate runtime_allow() for all hda controllers
f5dac54d9d93826a776dffc848df76746f7135bb ALSA: hda: Separate runtime and system suspend
a6e7d0a4bdb02a7a3ffe0b44aaa8842b7efdd056 ALSA: hda: fix jack detection with Realtek codecs when in D3

You could also try disable power_save and see whether that has an effect.
I.e. add to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-debug.conf (or some other conf file):

options snd_hda_intel power_save=0

More troubleshooting tips at:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Advanced_Linux_Sound_Architecture/Troubleshooting

Br, Kai